Forums General Model Photography
  • Topic: Summer Photo Thread

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 26, 2019 9:10 PM EDT
      • romeoville, illinois

• Thanks

Your track looks great Craig . Looks like you did alot of work handlaying the track . What technique did you use to fade the lettering ?

• July 26, 2019 9:45 PM EDT
      • Port Orchard, Washington

• Thanks

mike dorsch said:

Your track looks great Craig . Looks like you did alot of work handlaying the track . What technique did you use to fade the lettering ?

I faded the whole car with a oil wash (I think I did this car as part of the yearly challenge?) and tried a couple of methods with the white lettering. I scrapped some, sanded some then streaked some white chalk? To be honest I can't quite remember everything that I did.

• July 26, 2019 10:01 PM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Good to see you Sean!  I'm guessing that was the new engineer you were talking about.  Start them young and the relationship and memories can last a life time.

• July 26, 2019 10:20 PM EDT
      • Milwaukee, Wi

• Thanks

From yesterday.  Almost 11 hours outside with our friend's son.

This post was edited by Bill Sakalaucks at August 18, 2019 7:47 PM EDT
    • August 18, 2019 5:27 PM EDT
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut

• Thanks

My railroad has been out-of-service for most of the summer. This weekend I finally got the elevated track between West Es-cap`e and Wall re-installed after the masons finished the patio and walkway repairs.  I want to build a trestle for this section, but I just don't have the time lately.  I did improve the grade by easing the transition from level at East Es-cap`e to 4% at Wall by raising the bridge and curved section gradually. The bridge and curve measure at 1.5%...

Once the track straightens out, the grade increases gradually. Most of the straight is at 3% increasing to 4% as the wood section ends...

At this time trains may not cross Indian Hill Bridge until it is repaired. While moving things for the masons I caught it with my foot and tore the ties off the girder. It's an easy fix, but it has to come out and inside for dis-assembly and repair.

Previously, this section was one of the least photographed on my railroad due to the crumbling patio and junk piles against the wall. Now that the area is looking good I need to work on improving the look of the track.

www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

• August 18, 2019 5:39 PM EDT
      • Right here 'X', Pa

• Thanks

Damn, I'd bet a skyscape/landscape vinyl mural would look great on that wall for pictures. nothing spensive just a roll away  cheapie for photo OPs 

• August 18, 2019 6:35 PM EDT
      • Saint Johns, Florida

• Thanks

Looking good Jon!

Forums General Model Photography

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google