Forums General Videos
  • Topic: Part 2 of the Bluestone Southern operating session on 6/1-19

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 3, 2019 7:45 AM EDT
      • Norris City, Il.
         
      • Posts
        861
      • Thanks
        93
      • Thanked
        168

      Part 2 of the Bluestone Southern operating session on 6/1-19

      Took the coal train out to the power plant.

       

    • June 3, 2019 11:51 AM EDT
      • Nashville, IL
         
      • Posts
        5,130
      • Thanks
        324
      • Thanked
        316

      Matt, as usual, some great videos...   Many thanks...    

    • June 3, 2019 9:18 PM EDT
      • Waverly, Alabama
         
      • Posts
        1,442
      • Thanks
        371
      • Thanked
        407

      Another great video, Matt.  I hope to make it to Andy's one of these days to experience it myself.  In the meantime, I'll just enjoy it through the lens of your camera. 

      ____________________________________

       

    • June 3, 2019 9:48 PM EDT
      • Defending the State of Exile! ,
         
      • Posts
        13,426
      • Thanks
        1,580
      • Thanked
        1,037

      I just love those EVWR -2's (nice decision to model them dad)  ......as usual outstanding videos Cousin Matt!

       

      Mom,Dad... the RR looks great (nice work Jane)! You have managed to pack a LOT of action in such a "limited" amount of space. Hope Ric wasn't rolling dice this weekend....

    • June 4, 2019 8:32 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois
         
      • Posts
        8,928
      • Thanks
        292
      • Thanked
        319

      Matt,

      You really caught the idea of "the coal run".  Great video!  Loved the shot of it coming out of the basement.  Gives the idea of how it starts and ends. 

    • June 4, 2019 10:08 AM EDT
      • Norris City, Il.
         
      • Posts
        861
      • Thanks
        93
      • Thanked
        168

      Thanks Andy!!!

      Thanks Dan! You definitely need to experience it in person!

      Thanks Cuz!

      Thanks Ric! The original video was over 15 minutes long and that was after I took out several clips. It's still a long video, but it's a long trip to the plant and back! I bet it's close to a 45 minute round trip. I should have timed it. haha.

       

       

    • June 4, 2019 10:48 AM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania
         
      • Posts
        10,679
      • Thanks
        446
      • Thanked
        688

      Matt Russell said:

       it's a long trip to the plant and back! I bet it's close to a 45 minute round trip. I should have timed it. haha.

      It's a good way to kill an afternoon, then you're ready for a nap when you're done...................... 

       

      ____________________________________

      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

    • June 4, 2019 11:11 AM EDT
      • Waverly, Alabama
         
      • Posts
        1,442
      • Thanks
        371
      • Thanked
        407

      Ken Brunt said:
      Matt Russell said:

       it's a long trip to the plant and back! I bet it's close to a 45 minute round trip. I should have timed it. haha.

      It's a good way to kill an afternoon, then you're ready for a nap when you're done...................... 

       

      Wow, Ken, I know time seems to go by much faster the older I get, but I never realized that an afternoon would eventually be only 45 minutes long   That must happen after you retire cause I can assure you they are much longer while still working 

      ____________________________________

       

    • June 4, 2019 3:02 PM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania
         
      • Posts
        10,679
      • Thanks
        446
      • Thanked
        688

      ____________________________________

      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

    • June 4, 2019 3:53 PM EDT
      • Vail, Az
         
      • Posts
        4,719
      • Thanks
        1,010
      • Thanked
        824

      Dan Hilyer said:
      Ken Brunt said:
      Matt Russell said:

       it's a long trip to the plant and back! I bet it's close to a 45 minute round trip. I should have timed it. haha.

      It's a good way to kill an afternoon, then you're ready for a nap when you're done...................... 

       

      Wow, Ken, I know time seems to go by much faster the older I get, but I never realized that an afternoon would eventually be only 45 minutes long   That must happen after you retire cause I can assure you they are much longer while still working 

      Don't ferget you need time to gussy up for the Early Bird Special at the cafetorium!

      ____________________________________

      John

       

      The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

       

       

    • June 4, 2019 9:46 PM EDT
      • Waverly, Alabama
         
      • Posts
        1,442
      • Thanks
        371
      • Thanked
        407

      I didn't think Ken ever left the house unless he was gussied up 

      ____________________________________

       

    • June 5, 2019 8:09 AM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        7,197
      • Thanks
        179
      • Thanked
        646

      Dan Hilyer said:

      I didn't think Ken ever left the house unless he was gussied up 

      IF Ken has his hat, he considers that just about gussied up enough...

      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • June 5, 2019 9:28 AM EDT
      • Waverly, Alabama
         
      • Posts
        1,442
      • Thanks
        371
      • Thanked
        407

      ROFLMAO   Thanks for that laugh, Bruce. I needed that this morning. 

      This post was edited by Dan Hilyer at June 5, 2019 9:29 AM EDT
      ____________________________________

       

    • June 8, 2019 8:43 PM EDT
      • Defending the State of Exile! ,
         
      • Posts
        13,426
      • Thanks
        1,580
      • Thanked
        1,037

      Matt Russell said:

      Took the coal train out to the power plant.

       

       

       

      Bringing this back to the top so the newcomers can see what can be done with a small area without a vigenete or see my website as it can only be seen on LSC.

       

      Just outstanding outdoor RR'ing

       

       

       

      Dad can you please cut me a key they cost about 20 bucks!

    • June 9, 2019 1:27 PM EDT
      • Nashville, IL
         
      • Posts
        5,130
      • Thanks
        324
      • Thanked
        316

      " Rooster " said:

       

      Dad can you please cut me a key they cost about 20 bucks!

       

      Son, NO....

Forums General Videos

    Icon Legend

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google