Forums General Gardening
  • Topic: Reclaiming the Outdoor Railroad

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 27, 2019 6:43 PM EDT
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut

• Thanks

Great idea Bill.  I've got a large trellis that I'd like to grow something on as a permanent solution, but for photo sessions the netting would be perfect!

www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

• May 27, 2019 9:35 PM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

"Thinking Spar Pole and rigging to a lumber operation down the hill."

I like that idea!!!!!

• June 8, 2019 9:25 PM EDT

• Thanks

I got a lot done today. Winter debris have been cleared from the entire line and the upper portion has been weeded except for the rust garden. I didn't take time today for pictures; maybe tomorrow. Boss says I must finish the RV repairs before I work on track. Less than 5 weeks until grand-kids arrive. One for the first time and the other since she was a baby.

• June 8, 2019 11:16 PM EDT
      • Denver, Colorado

• Thanks

Jon Radder said:

I got a lot done today. Winter debris have been cleared from the entire line and the upper portion has been weeded except for the rust garden. I didn't take time today for pictures; maybe tomorrow. Boss says I must finish the RV repairs before I work on track. Less than 5 weeks until grand-kids arrive. One for the first time and the other since she was a baby.

Nothing like visitors to get a railroader's butt in gear!

• June 9, 2019 8:09 PM EDT

• Thanks

Sure does John.  Got the official word this afternoon while we cleaned the boat out on the lake :) 42 days and counting.

The East End gardening is about done.  I'm sure the weeds will be back before the kids arrive, but hopefully not as bad. Got out and took a few cell phone shots this evening. No trackwork has been done. I put down a little ballast for photos when the plantings went in, but nothing is straight or level. The track geometry crew has been called. Waiting on a call back

My neighbor and I are speaking again. She got mad at me when I protected the engine house from her trash cans after a high wind forecast by tying some rope across her trees. Last weekend  I bailed her out by loaning her a pressure washer wand. Now she's my best friend (lord help me). Anyway - she came over while I was weeding here and asked if I would like her to replace all this border trash with Hosta and I almost did a happy dance   Something is eating the Creeping Jenny but the Solomon's Seal has exploded. It loves this spot...

Focus could be better, but I'm too lazy to dig out the camera...

While we were beached on an island today I was noticing a lot of native plants that thrive in the same light as I have here. Going to take some buckets and potting soil next trip!

This post was edited by Jon Radder at June 9, 2019 8:17 PM EDT

Forums General Gardening

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google