Large Scale Central

Aristo u25B parts

Hi All,

I know for the most part I am SOL, but hoping someone has a solution.

I need the clear marker light lenses for the front/rear of the engine. Anyone have these or any idea how to make or repurpose something to make them?

Also need a few other parts for a Santa Fe red/silver Uboat. If anyone has one for parts in decent shape, would be open to purchase for what I need.

Any help or ideas or direction is much appreciated.

Thanks,

chris

GLX makes some Aristo parts, maybe Gilbert at GLX can help with certain parts. As for clear lenses, you should be able to come up with something for those.

When I added lenses to my C-16’s class lights I wanted a frosted look. I used a paper punch to pop out circles from a yogurt cover. I imagine any clear plastic could be used along with a spray of UV protection.

Chris Brancato

I may be able to help you with the other missing parts. I replicate the Aristocraft parts by 3D printing. If it is not already in my website listings, I would need an original to measure up to create the CAD file. The original can also be a mirror image or a broken part.

If you can ship me the original, the new part is sold to you for the price I will be listing it on my website. I absorb the cost of the product development by listing this new part on my website and selling many more to other railroaders. I return the original with the shipped order of the new part.

There are over 100 parts in the listings for your Aristocraft engines and rolling stock. Sorry, not many fit on the U-25. My listings probably reflect the popularity and production numbers of the models issued originally by Aristocraft.

Thank you for the support of guys like David Maynard and Father Fred Mills

Gilbert Lacroix GLX Scale Models www.glxscalemodels.com

Thanks All.

A quick update on my progress. After some fussing about, I realized the solution to my clear lenses was right in front of me! My wife makes Rhinestone shirts, and low and behold, clear rhinestones make perfect marker lenses and headlight lenses. Once you scrape the “reflective” or “glue” off the back, that makes them a bit scratched/frosted and a slight hit with 600 grit sand paper, makes the super bright LED’s look perfect. A final bit of expanding of the factory holes in the U25, and I have replacement parts for the lenses.

If anyone is curious it is 6.5mm clear rhinestones that fit like a glove. And to ream out the U25 marker light holes with 1/4 inch drill bit hand turned, not in a drill, to widen them a bit.

Gilbert, Thanks for the info, let me take a look at your site.

-Chris

Chris, how bout some photos of your solution.

Dan,

Working on it. getting some good photos and a bit of a tutorial. Probably be ready in a week or so once the kids activities settle a bit.

Thanks,

Chris