Large Scale Central

A Custom boxcar paint job.

With the weather being spotty for tunnel rebuilding my attentions have turned to indoor projects and this is one of them. If you are a LGB purist do not watch the video because it will upset you. LOL

I found the stickers online and used sharpies to colour the orange and pink. I’m more of a Dunkin kind of guy than Starbucks so I also bought a sticker that reads “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drink Starbucks” but I couldn’t squeeze it onto the car. I’m happy with the way this came out.

Well I think its a cool and unique car. Not too sure about starbucks but what the heck. It is nice looking. Has that old billboard refer feel

Interesting how satisfying that hook and loop coupler ‘click’ is.

I like the DD side best (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif).

I think having the sides painted in different schemes will make for an interesting train as it twists and turns running round my RR.

The hook and loop click is satisfying Forrest because after hearing that we know that it will not come uncoupled.

I really liked the paint job on the Starbucks car but I’m not a fan and I knew that I would want a DD car to complement it. My shelves are full so turning 2 cars into one was the way to go.

Now I am wondering what other cars could be combined like this? Any ideas?

Coors vs Budweiser

That must be an older boxcar since DD changed their name to Dunkin.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I was a big fan of Bud for many years, not anymore, but that would be a cool looking logo.

What goes better with beer than Cape Cod chips vs Lays. Of course pretzels, pizza and buffalo wings also go very well.

ooo Franks Redhot vs Tabasco.

Good suggestions guys. I was thinking rum and coke but I already have plenty of those cars.

I have a Cape Cod Potato chip car but I’m not about to mess with that one since it was a special run.

I have one of those Trump cars so maybe on the other side the Democrats could be recognized?

How about our train manufacturers USAT on one side and the other LGB or Bachmann?

There are lots of ideas.

A Hillary vs Trump car. Now that’s funny stuff.

Devon Sinsley said:

A Hillary vs Trump car. Now that’s funny stuff.

Yes it would be funny or maybe Trump on one side and an ad for Russian Vodka on the other. I"M JOKING.

Another idea would be to take one of those LGB McDonalds cars withe the creepy clown on it and put Burger King on the other side.

Lowe’s & Home Depot?