Large Scale Central

Bachmann Heisler Wanted

I know this is a long shot ! I would like to find a Bachmann Heisler . I would even take one that is busted . I have a spare shay to trade in g scale or cash . I have the shay and a climax that I will be keeping and I would like to round out the set . Thanks for looking love the site !

I have one i great shape . But it has DCC and sound installed… may be willing tonpart with it…

Great what are you thinking to get for it ? I don’t have dcc right now but maybe one day

You guys might want to take the $$ negotiations offline, or to PM’s

Greg Elmassian said:

You guys might want to take the $$ negotiations offline, or to PM’s

Why? I for one would be interested in what Landrel wants for his and i like to keep up on used market pricing. No rules being violated by negotiating in public view.

Thank you . I sent a pm earlier so I will wait for a response .

I agree with taking negotiations to PM’s but I am also curious about what the Heislers are going for. I have one that I lucked into for about $300 years ago and the last few I have seen on Ebay have gone for well over $600! They are a semi rare beast. I remember when Trainworld was closing them out for $300. Ugh should have stocked up then.

I realize they are rare beasts I have not seen any on ebay recently . I could not afford the 600 dollar range that is why I was hoping to one that needs work as I have the ability to fix almost anything . We shall see what comes up . Thank you to everyone that has been on my post !

We’re not looking to part with it, but I think we paid about $200 for ours a couple years ago at an estate auction of a very large collection. No one else there was particularly interested in what I thought were some very nice looking Bachmann engines. I don’t recall having seen any others for sale in quite a while.

Sophie B

Dismal Creek Railroad

John

There are a few on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-14-Ton-2-Truck-Stearns-Heisler-DCC-Spectrum-R-Colorado-Mining-C/163556424561?epid=2256181004&hash=item2614b8fb71:g:GfcAAOSwQXdcbjXh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-14-Ton-2-Truck-Stearns-Heisler-DCC-Spectrum-R-Midwest-Quarry/153350341341?epid=1000425513&hash=item23b46482dd:g:Rl8AAOSw84ZcSKFu

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-14-Ton-2-Truck-Stearns-Heisler-DCC-Spectrum-R-Greenbrier-Big/163501426009?epid=1101588935&hash=item261171c559:g:GMwAAOSwRbpcSKFp

Is this what you wanted?

Tom

Wrong scale

Landrel Brown said:

Wrong scale

Oops! I didn’t read very closely.

Tom

.John,

I thought I had found a Bachmann G gauge Heisler for under $300, but it turned out to be a Climax.

Hey Tom no worries . The on3 heisler is an awesome little engine . I am just looking to round out my g scale have the shay X2 and the climax . I am going to sell my one shay . I have just rebuilt the trucks with steel gear on axle so will be a good runner .

HEY JOE THANK FOR LOOKING !

John said:

Hey Tom no worries . The on3 heisler is an awesome little engine . I am just looking to round out my g scale have the shay X2 and the climax . I am going to sell my one shay . I have just rebuilt the trucks with steel gear on axle so will be a good runner .

John, where did you get the steel gear for the shay?

John said:

I wish Bachmann did make an On3 loco, but instead they made them from their HO mechanisms to run on HO track as something called On30 … not a very popular prototype…

John said:

I know this is a long shot ! I would like to find a Bachmann Heisler . I would even take one that is busted . I have a spare shay to trade in g scale or cash . I have the shay and a climax that I will be keeping and I would like to round out the set . Thanks for looking love the site !

Welcome John !

No problem Rooster . Thank you for the advice!!

John

I sent you a message.

Tom