Large Scale Central

Lionel large scale rail scope engine

How do I hook up a Lionel large scale rail scope engine I just received ?

I have the receiver, but no instructions

Perhaps a google search for “Lionel large scale rail scope engine

This looks promising - Lionel PDF

Google is your friend, and works on the same keyboard. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I have one of these. Never did get the camera system hooked up, but it was my favorite loco before I went from track to battery power. Been thinking about selling it and a couple other small track power locomotives…

What loco is it? A geep?

Tim said:

I have one of these. Never did get the camera system hooked up, but it was my favorite loco before I went from track to battery power. Been thinking about selling it and a couple other small track power locomotives…

try this https://www.lionelsupport.com

X

OK I’ll play. I’ll add a Y (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Greg Elmassian said:

What loco is it? A geep?

I believe it was a large bodied 0-4-0

It’s an 0-4-0 steam engine. i went to lionels support website , but their documents don’t help…unless I missed one.

The big mystery s the two wires coming out of the receiver that looks like a lumber pile?

dont know where they go? I assume with batteries installed the camera will broadcast to the receiver which is then plugged into a tv with the special cable. Anyone know?

Okay, I found it. On the service manual search page, there is a blue inset box on the left side, part way down the page. There are check boxes in the inset to select different manuals, so click the rail scope box and it submit. That brings up a list is manuals for all the rail scope engines.

Doug

Sorry, right side not left

see what the engineer sees, throught a tiny micro electronic video camera mounted inside the cab
22 deg field of vision: wider than ina real locomotive
focus ranges from 4" to infinity: both near and distant objects are always in focus
automatic irising adjusts the lens for various lighting conditions
clear black and white picture
receiver, hidden in a stack of simulated lumber, connects easily to any standard TV.
picture can be recorded using a standard VCR
a complete instruction manual is included
picture is transmitted while the train is in motion or at a complete stop
operates on channel 3 or 4
rail scope operates on two alkaline 9-volt batteries
0-4-0 steamer with attached tender box
heavy duty DC motor
forward and reverse remote operation
compatible with other #1 or G gauge track systems

Found on a PicClick site

John Caughey said:

see what the engineer sees, throught a tiny micro electronic video camera mounted inside the cab
22 deg field of vision: wider than ina real locomotive
focus ranges from 4" to infinity: both near and distant objects are always in focus
automatic irising adjusts the lens for various lighting conditions
clear black and white picture
receiver, hidden in a stack of simulated lumber, connects easily to any standard TV.
picture can be recorded using a standard VCR
a complete instruction manual is included
picture is transmitted while the train is in motion or at a complete stop
operates on channel 3 or 4
rail scope operates on two alkaline 9-volt batteries
0-4-0 steamer with attached tender box
heavy duty DC motor
forward and reverse remote operation
compatible with other #1 or G gauge track systems

Found on a PicClick site

The 2 wires go to your standard analog tv or through your vcr, probably the antenna’s screw terminals.

I liked the link to the Lionel website:

“On Saturday November 3, 2018 we experienced technical difficulties with our Support website that affected the parts ordering system. We have extended the Parts Sale dates to allow for the extension of the Warehouse Parts Sale through Wednesday 11-8-2018 at midnight to keep with the tradition of having a full 3 days to enjoy the 50% off parts event. You may have to refresh your carts if you do not see the discount.”

Maybe someone should tell them it’s not 2018 any more?

Greg

Black and white? Boo. Hiss. Its not the 1950’s anymore. Colour TV is all the rage now.

Greg, Shh, we’ll just keep that a secret, ok?

I saw a color television set over at a friend’s house recently. Amazing!

I’m not getting one until they work the bugs out though.

(https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)