• Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 24, 2019 7:22 PM EST
      • Rooster Works "Area 69" ,

• Thanks

Bruce Chandler said:
      Bruce Chandler said:

Very nice looking.  You're making it come alive!

It's great that the workers know exactly where to place the "ROAD"

I'm not sure what the "original" color was...but here's a shot of the triple combine undergoing restoration in the Spencer Shops...

I suspect that the keys is to have a large number of paint samples; most of which should backup your authoritative statements as to the actual color based on "expert" witnesses.  There doesn't appear to be any color pictures of it from back in the day so it's probably time to just make stuff up! 

Looks real close to the Rookwood greens from Sherwin Williams (which are still the same color mixes used from the turn of the century) however not available in a rattle can.  I used #2812 for the trim color on my home and its a bit bolder than the palette pic. But I would put my money on #2810 in an oil base semi gloss as the body color of the car.

• November 27, 2019 11:17 PM EST

•  
      • Thanks

Rooster ' said:
      Bruce Chandler said:
      Bruce Chandler said:

Very nice looking.  You're making it come alive!

It's great that the workers know exactly where to place the "ROAD"

I'm not sure what the "original" color was...but here's a shot of the triple combine undergoing restoration in the Spencer Shops...

I suspect that the keys is to have a large number of paint samples; most of which should backup your authoritative statements as to the actual color based on "expert" witnesses.  There doesn't appear to be any color pictures of it from back in the day so it's probably time to just make stuff up! 

Looks real close to the Rookwood greens from Sherwin Williams (which are still the same color mixes used from the turn of the century) however not available in a rattle can.  I used #2812 for the trim color on my home and its a bit bolder than the palette pic. But I would put my money on #2810 in an oil base semi gloss as the body color of the car.

Thanks Rooster for the further research on that interesting green color. Lot of good ideas here and much appreciated.

Doc Tom

• November 29, 2019 1:04 PM EST
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

That 2812 color looks about right for the interior color of many locomotives, and other motive power.  Kind of reminds you of the interior color of government offices.  I think it is suppose to keep employees from "going postal". 

• November 30, 2019 7:11 AM EST
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Oh, puke green......Yup!

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

Forums Modeling O / On30

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google