Large Scale Central

document sharing

Is there a way to post PDF documents to share? I put together two old articles from some dude who is evidently famous from back before my day. I could share the links but I have the two articles in one PDF. Its on weathering and aging cars. They are Model Railroad articles from the 50’s.

Is the goal to allow people to download them?

Rename them to jpg, put them in your freight shed, and then link and tell people to rename after downloading.

Greg

Dev,

I agree with Greg. That’s the easiest way. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

There are two critical questions here. 1) Are these articles copyrighted somewhere. Devon, your comment they are Model Railroad articles leads me to believe they are owned by someone else. 2) If these are not previously copyrighted, do you have permission to distribute them. Keep in mind, distributing material that is not your own on this forum without permission of the owner jeopardises this forum. Sharing between equals…peer to peer… is another issue that does not affect BD’s living room.

If you are having to ask the question, I would recommend peer to peer outside of this forum.

Good question Bob. And to avoid any possibilities of breaking copyright law I will just provide the link to the guy who is posting it.

Devon,

I’ve uploaded a “pdf” on the construction of my Private Car to my freight shed. It’s quite large at 25Mb.

Doc

Don Watson said:

Devon,

I’ve uploaded a “pdf” on the construction of my Private Car to my freight shed. It’s quite large at 25Mb.

Doc

What is the link to it?

You can upload PDF’s, just tried it and it works.

You cannot view it on the screen but you can download it to you computer.

No, I did not fake out the file name.

I would like to see a better way of finding things in the new Freight Shed.

If you leave the Search blank and change the TYPE to Directory you get a condensed version by Owner.

I want to add some Documents also and now I can.

Dennis

Joe,

Just go to Freight Sheds and search for Doc’s Private Car. Download can take a while.

Doc

Don Watson said:

Joe,

Just go to Freight Sheds and search for Doc’s Private Car. Download can take a while.

Doc

Doc

Thanks for the procedure and the FANTASTIC PDF! Your modeling skills are the best.

Don Watson said:

Joe,

Doc

WOW, Doc. Great build. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

I liked the fact that the old freight shed put the files in numerical and alphabetical order which made it way easier to find things, way easier to remember the file name than the date that you entered it.