Large Scale Central

Another Try to Post the Station Blueprint

Another try to post the Station Blueprint :

please stop already! you don’t need to start a new topic/thread for each try … just practice on one… contact Bob to delete all the other topics.

You have 5 separate topics/threads already

And you are clicking the post button too often… click once and wait please

Greg

Here is a tutorial on posting pictures to a post. Basically need to put the picture online somewhere, the freight shed here is for that purpose. Once the picture is online then you have to capture its URL. Do not copy the picture, copy the pictures location. Then in your post click on the picture icon at the top of the reply box and enter the URL. Also size the picture down to something around 600X800 or even smaller so as to not cause it to load slowly.

Also be sure you are on the secure side of the site. Delete your old bookmark and use this:

https://www.largescalecentral.com/members/home

One pic I checked was http: instead of https:

Greg, not all users are as computer savvy as you. Not even me. Use some tact in your replies.

John, since you decided to call me tactless in public, as opposed to a private message, (hint hint) I will respond:

Not being computer savvy is the “excuse”? - when you have five threads on the same thing in the same forum within minutes of each other, , you know something is wrong, computer savvy or not.

Norman even created new threads with “second try” which demonstrates that he saw the other threads.

TACT would at least alert others that you messed up, savvy or not. Most people apologize and/or ask for help.

And really Norman is not a newbie. For an experienced poster I do not see that my post was tactless, I waited until it clearly became a problem, and made a HELPFUL SUGGESTION at least for one of his issues, that clicking “post reply” too often will result in duplicate posts.

Greg

p.s. next time we could have this privately

Okay boys and girls, lets play nice. I mean its been awhile since we have had a good old name calling, finger pointing ruckus and I like a good broohaha as much as anyone. But not here. Take it to the Private messages.

Agreed, as stated in my post. Bob prefers we solve issues offline.

And this continues and continues… I suspect that many folks that participate on this site do not store their images on other web sites, hence many do not post images at all or infrequently because of the convoluted process to use a URL from an alternative site or from the freight shed Bob provides. There must be some reason that Bob prefers this method rather than a simple cut and paste from a poster’s personal computer as many sites allow, but that is Bob’s prerogative. While I enjoy viewing this site frequently, I don’t often post unless I have something relevant to say or even more rarely with an image. I do not store my images on an alternate web site so in order to post images here, I must use something else. I find TinyPics relatively easy to use and to move image data to this site but it is still a convoluted exercise. Nevertheless, I still enjoy this site and learn from it. Sorry I don’t post many images though.

Video Embedding

This topic has to be re-mastered every time the site owner makes an upgrade to the software. For this incarnation the procedure is…

1. Grab the embed code from the YouTube video (directly on the video) right click in OPERA (copy embed code); right click in FireFox (Copy embed code); right click in Chrome (get embed code);right click in IE (get embed code).

2. In the reply window click on “insert/edit video” button in the top row (looks like a movie frame), and select “Embed”.

3. Paste the embed code (copied from YouTube) in the box and click “OK”.

That’s what some of us found works now. Some day down the road we will have to find a new way for new software, but for now this works. Have fun!

Photo inserting

1. Start by uploading your photos to a server. You have storage space in the Freight Shed on this web site.
  2. After they are uploaded, click on the file you want to open.
  3. Once it is opened, RIGHT click on the picture and select copy image location. DO NOT use the url in the address bar of your browser.
  4. Next click on the insert photo button in your post and paste the image location in the source line.
  5. Look at the dimensions. You will see them if you click on the first box (height). Make it 800 then click on the second box and it will automatically be correctly scaled.
  6. Then hit OK and your photo will be in your post.