Large Scale Central

Febuary 3, 2019

It was a beautiful day here in Southern Illinois yesterday. Very unusual for this time of year. After I got all my errands done, I made it home in time to work on the autorack. After that, I got to run a train for a couple hours. I’m looking forward to some warmer weather and getting things done on the layout.

So how are the lead locos getting power? The battery car is just in front of the dpi locomotive

Nice run, Matt… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Pete, I have batteries in each of the lead Dash 9’s. The L&N battery car actually has two batteries in it, one which is supposed to go in the DPU engine, the other I use formy gp40. I just was in a hurry to run the engine and put the battery in the box car. I’ve been too lazy to take it out and install it in that engine. lol.

Nice train Matt , it looks like you built some TTX flats.

mike dorsch said:

Nice train Matt , it looks like you built some TTX flats.

Yeah and also appears Cousin Matt scored and Amtrak trailer as well.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mike! I didn’t build the TTX cars though. I bought them off Marty Cozad last summer. How’s things up north?

Long time no see Cuz!! Yep, trailers came from Marty too. That amtrak has been shortened to scale length. I also now have 2 of the only 3 made aristocraft trailers. I have Marty’s, that he shortened to look more prototypical…and it does. The second trailer was Lewis Polk’s, it’s not shortened and it’s initialed. There is one left out there and Michael Vickey still has his. I didn’t even know these were that rare. I just got lucky and ended up with them. I was going to repaint, but I sure won’t now!

I have some more new rolling stock too. The autorack is new, I have a black widow 55’ tank car, black widow centerflow, new aml csx hopper, new aml mkt hopper…plus the 4 long flat cars from Marty.

Thanks Ric! Will I see you in Carlyle or are you off on travels?

I think I have one as well … wasn’t it a club car ?

Sean McGillicuddy said:

I think I have one as well … wasn’t it a club car ?

Marty told me there were only three of these. He had one, Lewis had one, and Michael Vickey had one. Marty cut his down to more scale size. Lewis and Michael didn’t want theirs cut down. The longer trailer I have has Marty and Michael’s initials on it and that one was supposedly Lewis Polks. That’s what I’ve been told. Michael messaged me and said there is more to the story, but he’s been in the hospital and said he’d call me when he was better.

Sorry I have the Amtrak box car not that nice trailer …