Forums Modeling Motive Power
  • Topic: CVRR Electric Motor Car #15

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 18, 2019 8:58 PM EDT
      • Rooster Works "Area 69" ,

• Thanks

Shane Stewart said:

Boy, somebody seems to be leaving us "toy" guys behind and moving on to museum displays.

Shane

Nope

• March 19, 2019 6:52 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

I'd say "Museum Quality" is a nice compliment. 

Rooster - Can you mention the name of the Museum?

• November 26, 2019 6:50 PM EST

• Thanks

Pete Lassen said:

The lack of humidity in a museum would pull all the moisture out of the wood, making it do all sorts of non wood like bends and twists

Pete,

That is my exact conclusion. What I didn't mention was the type of wood or the length of the runs I had issues with.

• November 26, 2019 7:05 PM EST

• Thanks

Rooster ' said:
      Mick Benton said:

Mick,

That pic taken about 1910 shows where the model I'm working on will reside in the structure behind the car.  http://www.mechanicsburgmuseum.org/

Once again the model is for educational purposes only and NOT finished nor prototypically correct or to scale. Only trying to capture the flavor and "HOPEFULLY" peak interest within the generation behind me.  I was blessed with A LOT of information over the years from many now deceased elders that knew I had a historical fetish with a "gift" to work with my hands. They shared with me so now I'm passing it on along with other things. (Make sense?)

This stuff needs to be passed on or it will be lost! So if a model as opposed to a picture helps with passing it on then I have won!  There are a LOT of things I cannot answer (headlight configuration (note the bracket on the roof where it was moved to the railing) , losing two out of the 4 catenary poles,etc) and I'm sure it didn't have a brass railing either but I'm doing it because I can and learning skills along the way. BTW the "plow,cowcatcher " is on the model.

I'm rambling but enjoying sharing. When the 5th generations from now dust off the memory chips saved from LSC (and figure out how to make them work like a 45 record)  I hope they can carry on the historical end as it's bottomless!

Thanks Mick !

Forums Modeling Motive Power

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google