Forums Modeling Annual Build Challenge
  • Topic: MIK 2019 Craig Townsend Build

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 28, 2019 1:01 PM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts
         
      • Posts
        4,069
      • Thanks
        1,045
      • Thanked
        372

      The wheel dust/dirt looks light .. you should add some of the paint your going to use on the trucks ..I'm thinking..

      ____________________________________

       My u-tube

      The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

    • January 28, 2019 2:03 PM EST
      • Port Orchard, Washington
         
      • Posts
        1,997
      • Thanks
        75
      • Thanked
        147

      I agree the ends need a bit more work. This was just a light layer of 'mud'. I'm planning on adding some more layers. The trucks get more oily black weathering as the oil from the friction bearings leaks/spreads easy. Unlike roller bearings which just accumulate rust/grime.

      The draft gear needs to be painted the boxcar color as well, and blended in. 

      The last 5-10% takes just as long as the other 90%...

       

    • February 11, 2019 9:55 PM EST
      • Port Orchard, Washington
         
      • Posts
        1,997
      • Thanks
        75
      • Thanked
        147

      Oh no, not snow!

      I didn't get this done by the cut off, but I think. I have a good excuse. I took said model down to the Portland RPM this weekend. Just got back last night at 22:30. Proceeded to then go sledding with my 63 year old mother from 23:30 to 01:30. 

       

      We currently have 19" of snow in the ground here in lovely Port Orchard, WA at a whooping 200' above sea level. Tonight is supposed to be the last day of snow before it starts raining. We normally only get 1"-2" of snow a winter. I think the official SeaTac snow totals for Feb. are getting broken by the massive amounts of snow. So despite having extra days off from school, I'd much later play in the snow instead of play trains (well until the layout gets built and the Snow Dozer finished).

       

      Will try to take some photos tomorrow if I can clear some space. 

Forums Modeling Annual Build Challenge

    Icon Legend

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google