Large Scale Central

Miks 2019 Build Vic Smith

I haven’t yet decided, I’ve got 5 projects in mind.

1st idea, a Gypsy Locomotive using an old Aristo F1 block.

2nd idea is the Silver Fish from Porky’s Railroad, this would be with a battery drive and cardstock body.

Third up is a Coffee Pot locomotive using ? Drive, Lil Hauler loco body and Scientific boxcar, or a passenger version using 2 LGB Toytrain bodies.

The final idea would be reworking a EZtec 4-4-2 into a 1/22.5 Locomotive with a larger cab and details, it might be the useful on the wine barrel layout. No pic as it’s still just an idea.

I vote for the “silver fish” way too cool!!

If it’s to long for the pizza, then articulate it.

Man I think I am with Dave on this one. I love that little gypsy loco and that would be a cool build but the Silver Fish would be a fun one to watch come together.

Wow, the Silver Fish is a big mutha:

Pretty fun though!

Jim Rowson said:

Wow, the Silver Fish is a big mutha:

Pretty fun though!

Leave it to me to take interest in the “other” loco. What is that a 2-2-6 maybe a 4-2-6 if another set of leading wheels is behind the cylinders. And speaking of cylinders, compound cylinders on a tiny loco. Its kinda like a Shelby Corba all power.

Slice a piece of plastic pipe the right size in half and you’d be on the way!

Im with you Devon! Looks Narrow Gauge too!

Eric Schade said:

Im with you Devon! Looks Narrow Gauge too!

We are hijacking Vic’s thread but you are right it looks narrow gauge but on standard gauge track. Its not sitting on the rails.

Well Devon and Eric, here ya go, your 2019 Challenge project, Toots 13-1/2 (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

https://youtu.be/MzwxL6305Q4

That’s awesome Vic. Thanks. That’s almost enough to make me switch projects. That would be a fun little loco to.build. it really is a 2-2-6. And after seeing the number of cars it can pull up a 60% grade the compound cylindars make sense.

Devon Sinsley said:

That’s awesome Vic. Thanks. That’s almost enough to make me switch projects. That would be a fun little loco to.build. it really is a 2-2-6. And after seeing the number of cars it can pull up a 60% grade the compound cylindars make sense.

Don’t forget the pepper (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Need to go thru all my boxes and figure out what I have on hand. Final decision will be made on what I can find.

Okay I’m in, after surveying my materials I will be doing the Silver Fish from Porky’s Railroad. I will be building it on a battery powered drive from a Christmas train set, the same one I built the Wallace and Grommet rocket car on. I have NO idea how I’m going to build the cardstock body but I have built many paper models in the past so I have a good base of experience to fall back on. Napkin sketch to follow.

PS it’s a second drive, Wallace and Grommet are just fine!

Napkin Drawing

This should be fun

Great idea!

Might I suggest a new name , to avoid the multiple lawsuits that are sure to haunt you.

The Metallic Guppy!

Measurements, 4" w x 7" t x15" loooong. Gonna be a biggun. It’s about the same size as the Wallace and Grommet bash. Ready To start cutting

Start cutting in the morning, can’t promise many pictures, imI still hamstrung using only my phone, so illIbe limited to posting only M-F, when I have access to a desktop.

Already having to adjust the plan, I am going to have to lower the overall height to make it look more proportional. I’m really winging it this year and making it up as I go.