• Topic: I'm being dragged, kicking and screaming,

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 5, 2018 9:15 PM EST
      • Santa Ana, CA

• Thanks

John Passaro said:
      David Maynard said:

Yea, Photo Shop can do all kinds of things ....

In the world of art I live and work in, digital cameras and Photo Shop turned everyone into a regular Ansel Adams (except with oversaturated color...boo, hiss). Now it's almost impossible to make a living as a photographic artist. Good thing I'm a painter ?!

Have you tried digital painting in 3-D???  Ever seen "Tilt Brush"  This program sells for <$20.

Occulus Rift is <$350 (<$200 on C/L) and a gaming computer powerful enough to run it is ~$600 lightly used.

This post was edited by Todd Brody at December 5, 2018 9:18 PM EST
    • December 6, 2018 5:05 PM EST
      • Denver, Colorado

• Thanks

Todd, you have got to be kidding me. It's amazing. I'm not exactly shocked to see all the artists featured are about twenty!!

• December 6, 2018 5:35 PM EST
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

John Passaro said:
      David Maynard said:

Yea, Photo Shop can do all kinds of things ....

In the world of art I live and work in, digital cameras and Photo Shop turned everyone into a regular Ansel Adams (except with oversaturated color...boo, hiss). Now it's almost impossible to make a living as a photographic artist. Good thing I'm a painter ?!

But, isn't over-saturated colour a way to (poorly) mimic Kodachrome?

Steve Featherkile said:

David, the difference is cameras made in Japan by superb technicians, and those made in China, or Vietnam, by makeesee, makeedo.  The Japanese ones go to camera stores, and the others go to Costco or Best buy.  So I've been told.  

Yeah, I s'pose Photoshop can do geewhiz stuff, but i take great pleasure in working in the darkroom.  I take pleasure in being a Luddite. 

Steve I would to if I had the money, space and experience to play in a dark room. I enjoyed what little exposure I had to that art when I was in high school. (pun intended)

As for Luddite, yea, I am old school. But I kinda had to get into digital photos so I could share them online. For some reason my computer couldn't use my Polaroids.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• December 6, 2018 6:04 PM EST
      • Carlsbad, CA

• Thanks

Steve, I don't remember if the V600 comes with specific holders for larger negatives/transparencies, but you can scan one up to 8 x 11 (or a little larger)

The big key is the scanner has settings for reflective (copying opaque items) and transparent (like color slides)... apparently you cannot scan a color slide in a normal scanner.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• December 7, 2018 2:23 PM EST
      • Deer Park, Washington

• Thanks

Greg, the more I read about the V600, the more I like it.  Thank you for introducing me to it.

Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

• December 7, 2018 8:19 PM EST
      • Defending the State of Exile! ,

• Thanks

Steve ,

I will tell you that the scanners that do have a door for provisions of scanning old slides and negatives is very cool but I will warn you it is quite dauntless and mind numbing till you crop and do what you need to do after scanning 10 slides 6hrs later you might be burned out. 

Honestly the electronic age is mind numbing especially when it comes to saving old stuff. So buy a camera now and take pics to post LSC.

Forums General Model Photography

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google