Large Scale Central

A Sad Day for the Hobby

For those who don’t know, Jeff Schulze, co-owner of BridgeMasters, lost his battle with liver cancer and passed away last Sunday. Jeff was a long time Garden Railroader and member of the Orange County Garden Railroad Society, and was always willing to step forward and support the Club and hobby with whatever in whatever capacity. Many on this forum have purchased through Jeff on-line and/or at the over 220 train shows that he attended. He always had the best prices. He was active with the Fullerton Railroad Museum and was in charge of the “Railroad Days” exhibition.

I attended the church service today and there were over 150 people in attendance, the greatest portion from the garden railroading sector. People came from over 100 miles to be there. Jeff received a full Roman Catholic service followed by a military service, with presenting of the American Flag to his wife Lauri. Jeff had two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star from Viet Nam.

If there is anyone interested in attending the Interment, it will be held this Saturday, Dec 1 at the Holy Sepulcher Cemetery in Orange, CA at 2:00 pm.

I’m so sorry to say that we lost one of the “good ones.”

Have purchased from Bridgemasters many times and talked to Jeff on the phone on occasion. Always helpful and friendly.

Certainly a good guy gone.

Wow that’s sad. I’ve bought alot of new and used trains and stuff from him over the years at shows. That’s too bad.

It is a sad day have known Jeff for a long time , hope is having fun on the great railway in the sky

So sorry that I missed this on the forum. Happen to be over on the other site and saw Todd’s post there…

Yes, Jeff was one on the “good guys” for the hobby… He will surely be missed…

Condolences and prayer for the family and all the folks as Bridge Masters…