Large Scale Central

November 3rd and 4th..Syracuse NY Train Show

Just a reminder of the Annual Train Show at the Syracuse NY Fair Grounds…There is always some LS action there, along with a lot of great people.

Fred Mills

Are the Ottawa bunch going Fred?

I might be there Saturday.

Tom;

Just Bernie Goodman and me, as far as I know. We are going to help Roger and John set up for FLLS, Friday morning, then head for home on Saturday afternoon…hope to see you there.

Fred

Saturday, November 3rd, at the Train Show in Syracuse was a rather active day. There was a seemingly GREAT turnout. There seemed to be lots of LS equipment on hand. There was new and used stuff on Display.

As reported lately; the USED equipment was abundant. Lots of Aristo boxes were seen, along with LGB, B’mann, and USTrains….even a few B’mann grey box kits.

I was not there to purchase anything, so to avoid temptation, I only looked at what was in the boxes, but avoided prices…

Bernie took some pictures that may appear soon, through “Mikes Blog” which Steve McKenzie will possibly post.

The Syracuse Train Show, is still a worthwhile show to attend, and may be showing signs of better attendance. There was no sign of any of the manufacturers, in spite of its proximity to the homes of Bachmann, and USTrains. Clem, of Warrior Run Locomotive Works fame, was there, and as friendly as ever. All scales are represented, and the vast majority of dealers were strictly TRAINS. There were a good number of layouts there too. The Finger Lakes Live Steamers offered a large track for visiting Live steam to be run (Gauge one).

For me, the joy was in meeting friends. Many, who I haven’t seen for years showed up. Great conversations were shared…

The weather, at least on Saturday, was rather conducive, for a good turnout of attendees…light rain, cloudy skies, cool but not freezing temperatures. Sunday may be more sunny, and less damp.

I’m glad I was able to attend…but…SADDLY, THE REPORTED, POSSIBLE HOARD OF ARISTO BAGGAGE CARS, NEVER APPEARED…sorry, Dave.

Fred Mills