Large Scale Central

WTB: LGB or Aristo 15000 curves.

I need a box of 15000 curve track(LGB or Aristo.) for a project here in Tennessee. It is a in a museum near by putting in three train displays for the first time. One is HO, Second is MTH using DSC and the third is Largscale (Logging), how ever the space is limited and the 15000 works well, my stock of this size track is not enough to finish the project. The Museum is also on a limited budget and we are hitting that limit soon.

Does anyone have a box of 12 at a good price?

BTW: We the club members here are all supplementing the displays by using a lot of our personal trains and accessories to make this happen. We have been spending 3 days a week driving 44 miles round trip for the last 6 weeks to build these displays. Our actual setup starts this Friday and will be open on November 6th.

Murphy strikes again.

Dennis in East Tennesse

15000 is how much in diameters?

This here metric thing still confuses me, like liters per flush per kilometer?

I believe 15000 are the 5’ curves correct? Would 4 footers work? I have a ton of 4’ Aristo I would be willing to part with at a good price. They are from an outdoor layout, euro ties, used, and “naturally” weathered over the years. Also have some used American tie strips I can thro in as well if you need those.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Brancato said:

I believe 15000 are the 5’ curves correct?

5’ diameter, I believe.

The 15000 to the best of my knowledge is 4 foot 8 inches. Trainli does have 3 foot radius curves and if you bend 2 sections of 8 foot rail into a circle it comes out close to 5 foot. Also by bending 8 footers you have minimum rail connections for track power.

Lou Luczu said:

15000 is how much in diameters?

This here metric thing still confuses me, like liters per flush per kilometer?

R2 is called 5 foot diameter, R1 is 4 foot.

I could use R1’s but prefer the R2 for this display.

1500mm divided by 25.4mm/in=59.055 inches

I may have a circle, I will let you know as soon as my wife gets to my store.

Nico

I have 12 pcs of aristocraft 5’ diameter I also have 5 pcs of LGB .

they are all used. PM me if interested.