Large Scale Central

Wanted USAT J1e Hudson

My Wife and I are new to Garden Railroading and are nearing completion of our 1st Lakeside RR. We are looking for a new or lightly used USAT J1e Hudson for sale. Any help tracking one down would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully Submitted

check ebay… and also the G scale for sale sites on facebook…

Check them carefully and ask the sellers a lot of questions, it’s an expensive loco, and there are some out there messed up… if you buy one, try to get one that has the stock box, it’s about the only way to ship it without damage… (I have one of these)

Also, what is your minimum curve diameter?

Greg

For reference, it runs fine on a 4’ radius curve, but not an inch less.

RK Booth said:

My Wife and I are new to Garden Railroading and are nearing completion of our 1st Lakeside RR. We are looking for a new or lightly used USAT J1e Hudson for sale. Any help tracking one down would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully Submitted

Welcome aboard.

The others will help you on the loco, I wanted to note your ‘1st’, I’m on my 3rd variation. I like your optimism!

Welcome RK !

I think I actually saw one at our local train shop here in CA last week. It was in the wood crate shipping box. Forget the price and not sure of condition, bit it looked Ok from the quick glance I took. It was Milepost38 in Westminster for reference. May want to call and get the details on it if its still there.

-Chris

USAT Hudson - Santa Fe #3651 w/Phoenix sound. Excellent condition, run very little, runs and sounds great! I no longer have the original box in which I purchased it.

please email Dan at [email protected] if interested

*post from another forum.