Large Scale Central

Hope, After The Storm...

I think that all of us, who are safe and secure, should be sending out the hope that our FRIENDS living in Florida, have survived the brunt of the latest storm.

One name from the Chat gang, is Bob Cope, who it seems was just abut in the centre of the storm’s path. His telephone seems, not surprisingly, to be out of order.

Anyone hearing of his situation, please share…

There are other Model Railroaders in the Panama City area too…to be thought of…

Fred Mills

Fred, teal,

Sue and I are safe and sound in Milton, FL, staying with our daughter in Milton, FL. The home on the other hand is an unknown. What we have seen on news reports, Facebook, etc. does not paint a pretty picture. Will update this thread as things progress.

Bob C.

Glad you’re safe, Bob.

Just announced that power and internet have been restored to the Emergency Operations Center in Bay County. Those of us that left will not be allowed to return until roads are clear and safe. My current game plan is to try to return tomorrow morning.

Wishing you the best of luck Bob!

Greg

Bob

Glad to see you took the evacuation notice to heart. Hoping the house is equally safe and sound.

Update … we were able to locate our home on storms.ngs.noaa.gov. From the satellite view, the house looks like some shingle damage, fence blown down, and possibly damage from a neighbors tree. If windows or doors failed maybe water intrusion damage.

That’s closer to good news than to bad news.

All the best, Bob. Stay safe.

It’s sounds like you were really smart getting out of there. I hope your house didn’t get any water inside, or if it did that you can get back in time to prevent mold from building up. As I understand it, with the heat you have down there in Florida water damage can quickly turn to mold and cause much worse damage than the original storm. I hope you get back home very soon and that’s not the case with your place. Good thing you’re safe though. Keep us updated if you will.

Drove the 110 or so miles from my daughter’s to home. The first 90 miles were sorta uneventful, a tree down here or there. We entered the town north across the bay … then it got real! The damage was extreme, nearly every tree was damaged or down. Homes with trees on them. The closer to our street we got, the higher the apprehension got. Turned on to our street and was surprised to see the first couple homes with very little damage. As we approached our home we saw a home in tact. The neighbors tree is mostly blocking the driveway. After a fairly good inspection … Needs a new roof, the aluminum patio awning is gone, and the yard shed is in the pool.

Considering the severity of the storm, we feel fairly well blessed.

So glad to hear you’re both safe and the damage doesn’t appear too bad.

Hoping for the best, Bob…

That was one devastating storm…

OKAY Bob the traveling reporter!!! Screw the house…are the trains safe!!! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

Thanks for the reports Bob, wow…

So glad your main house is ok. Any flood damage, that is, did water invade your home?

Good to hear Bob. Sounds like you got off pretty easy considering all I have seen. The helicopter pictures from Mexico Beach look like a 10 mile wide tornado.

I’m with Boomer, how is the layout? All trains safe? Priorities man!

Oh yeah, we are glad your losses were manageable.

Be Blessed

I’m glad to hear you’re safe, and that damage to the house is relatively minimal.

Sue and I would like to thank everyone for their concerns and prayers.

My SIL and I spent te trip over collecting 40 pounds of ice for neighbors (ice even 100 miles away is hard to find). Also finding ethanol free gas for the power tools. First item was clearing the neighbor’s tree from our driveway. That took a couple hours. My shoulders are reminding me how heavy my chainsaw is.

Next was going up on the roof and ‘blue tarring’ the roof and a Rube Goldberg’ patch of the triple wall chimney enclosure.

Yeah, I know, no pics it didn’t happen. Unfortunately, 2.5 hours to get there and almost 4 hours to get home pics are NOT a priority for me.

@Boomer, the trains are safe and sound, albeit inaccessible.

Bob C.

Edit: Gulf Power has posted on their web site, we should (being the operative word) have power restored by 24 October. Time will tell…

Bob Cope said:

@Boomer, the trains are safe and sound, albeit inaccessible.”

Glad to hear it. Now stop fooling around with the landscaping and get the track repaired. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)