Large Scale Central

Wood structures, 3D accessories

I am considering gluing up some solid solid wood slabs 3/8" to ½" thick and wide enough to become a wall or end of a structure. Then shaping them with a dado blade to create a shiplap or board & batten pattern on one side. Then 3D printing the doors and windows. Roof would be conventional tar paper/ sandpaper, corrugated soda cans, or if I have the patience, Shingles. The structures would be treated for weather, painted, but still kept inside when not running. While this is new to me, I’m sure it has already been discussed and even tried. Any thoughts?

Bill

I have some structures that were made that way. They started as 1/2" thick slabs made of cedar. Very solid way to build and they have enough weight I’m not worried about the wind relocating them. All of the siding and roof ribs are cut into the slab on a table saw.

I have 3D printed windows and doors to be placed in wooden structures. Also windows and doors to replace lost/broken ones in conventional plastic buildings and (very thin) ones to use on building fronts.I just tried to upload a photo, but got this Error Code: 785312." I resized the photo down to 45KB, should have fitted.

Dick Friedman said:

I have 3D printed windows and doors to be placed in wooden structures. Also windows and doors to replace lost/broken ones in conventional plastic buildings and (very thin) ones to use on building fronts.I just tried to upload a photo, but got this Error Code: 785312." I resized the photo down to 45KB, should have fitted.

Dick

Put the file location in the post and I can post it for you. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)