Large Scale Central

Adding pictures on a post

Would like a detailed description on how to down load pictures to a post. If done it before but most of the time the 2nd picture removes the first and so on, also it might place the picture in the middle of the text. Can some one explain what I’m doing wrong, and for those who have tried before all I can say is sometimes I’m dense, thanks Bill

After you enter one pic you must move your cursor below to establish the location for the next.

If you see small white boxes on the outside of your pic, it is still in transition and needs to be set by the above, this way: Click Enter on keyboard or move mouse arrow below and click cursor in place. Check to make sure little boxes are gone.

Be sure which Tab you are on, trying to Back out of the pic in the Shed, can delete if still on post tab page. I’ve been there… oh avoid that x when switching tabs… uh huh that too.

Tomorrow; sizing- on your pc saves space, but it can be done here if necessary.

Thanks John, that works much better, Bill

Bill Barnwell said:

Thanks John, that works much better, Bill

Always happy to help a fellow member of my tribe …

John, If i can figure out how to size pictures on my computer before adding them to the Freight Shed, that would save me tons of space, I could do it when I had Picasa, but new computer and I can barely figure out how to down load them ! Love " advancement" !

Pete Lassen said:

John, If i can figure out how to size pictures on my computer before adding them to the Freight Shed, that would save me tons of space, I could do it when I had Picasa, but new computer and I can barely figure out how to down load them ! Love " advancement" !

I use a free picture viewer program (apps?) Got it from Greg years ago, although he favored another, of the 2, this one works for me.

Faststone Image Viewer 5.1 > edit> size image. I found it intuitive to use and play with …

I use the Size here, when I’m copying a pic off the Internet … I enter 800 in the first box and have clicked on keeping the Constrain proportions. I found if I click inside the pop-up box, but not in the space the program computes and inserts the correct value. Then it’s ok and off we go.

800 is the sites preferred width. Most helpful for those using a mobile connection.

The other program people like is IrFanView …

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

The other program people like is IrFanView …

Greg

Bill seems old (I’m personally getting there) and has no time for that crap? Apparently John resolved the issue so why don’t you lock this thread and let it stand master ?

Actually, we have the “master” in the web site forum… most forums would have referred the poster to the appropriate “reference” thread.

We continue to re-make the thread, ad nauseum. It’s Bob’s forum and Bob’s rules. With only one moderator, this issue is “down in the noise”.

Greg

Gee Greg, I just did it the way you did on that 50th LGB car thread. No mention of a sticky…

Practice what you preach, it gets old.

I know you just cannot resist an opportunity to jab…

I was just copying you… really… the modus operandi that I perceived and stated was followed.

So, I followed the forum convention, to answer this question where it occurs.

Just because I have an opinion contrary to what is done on the forum does not mean I will act contrary.

You would do well to appreciate that some people can have a personal opinion, but not follow it so that they conform to the rest of the forum. Also stating an opinion is NOT preaching, just stating an opinion.

Greg

Pete Lassen said:

well, for people, who don’t want to install and learn new programs every week, there still is the stone-age method, i’m using.

once the pic is in the PC, open it with MS-paint.

in the tab “Image” click on “Strech/Skew”, give in the (same) percentage of horizontal and vertical and - Tada! you got a smaller (or bigger) pic.

the downside is, that doing it for the first time, one has either to do the math, or to trial & error the number one needs to enter.

(to see the actual size of the pic before resizing in the tab “Image” click on “Attributes”.)

second downside is: one has to remember the percentage number for the next time. (but in the two dekades i’m using this way, i learned, that pics from my camera require 78%)

Greg Elmassian said:

I know you just cannot resist an opportunity to jab…

I was just copying you… really… the modus operandi that I perceived and stated was followed.

So, I followed the forum convention, to answer this question where it occurs.

Just because I have an opinion contrary to what is done on the forum does not mean I will act contrary.

You would do well to appreciate that some people can have a personal opinion, but not follow it so that they conform to the rest of the forum. Also stating an opinion is NOT preaching, just stating an opinion.

Greg

Gee preachin’ about not preachin’(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

And Rooster how would I do that and why

Korm Kormsen said:

Pete Lassen said:

well, for people, who don’t want to install and learn new programs every week, there still is the stone-age method, i’m using.

once the pic is in the PC, open it with MS-paint.

in the tab “Image” click on “Strech/Skew”, give in the (same) percentage of horizontal and vertical and - Tada! you got a smaller (or bigger) pic.

the downside is, that doing it for the first time, one has either to do the math, or to trial & error the number one needs to enter.

(to see the actual size of the pic before resizing in the tab “Image” click on “Attributes”.)

second downside is: one has to remember the percentage number for the next time. (but in the two dekades i’m using this way, i learned, that pics from my camera require 78%)

Korm, its nice to know that I am not the only one still using MS Paint. But, for JPG/JPEG picture resizing, I prefer IrFranveiw. When I select resize, I tell it what size I want (in the horizontal size box I put 800), and it resizes the picture for me, without me having to do any math. I can also adjust contrast, brightness, colour shift and such to make muddy pictures more vivid and such. But I do use MS paint for creating artwork and for some picture editing

David Maynard said:

…colour…

You turning British on us, Maynard?

John Passaro said:

David Maynard said:

…colour…

You turning British on us, Maynard?

i think, he did it, that i, being from europe, could understand it…

And yet another how to post pictures thread has now appeared…

Naw this is our old one…

I expect as we take in the influx of new members, we’ll have a rash of these and then it will settle down again.

You missed the one I am referring to, brand new…

AND

You just posted on it… 6 hours old