Forums Modeling Motive Power
  • Topic: Stock speaker location in Aristo FA-1?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 17, 2019 12:35 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Found a picture with the factory speaker bracket: (I had it all the time ha ha!)

Looks like a later model with the upgraded smoke unit, and the speaker looks like an oval unit.

This post was edited by Greg Elmassian at April 17, 2019 12:37 PM EDT

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• April 18, 2019 6:34 AM EDT
      • Eastern Massachusetts

• Thanks

Greg, in my post when I mentioned dummy motor it is the plastic motor inside the top of the F units, I was not referring to the powered  motor blocks

• April 18, 2019 12:09 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Yes, that is how I interpreted it. Even though these locos are not known for high current, I normally put the decoder where they get some airflow... and I hesitate to cut the pins from my QSI's so I can still plug them into Aristo sockets at some time in the future. As such the QSI will not fit into the "rubber" motor... since 1/2 my layout is on the ground, anyone who looks in a porthole and is upset with out of scale electronics will just have to "lump it" ha ha!

What's funny is I had the exploded parts diagram all along, and it shows the L bracket and speaker and that the speaker is an oval...

Best, Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

Forums Modeling Motive Power

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google