Forums General Problem Solving
  • Topic: 23182 sound board not working

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 16, 2019 10:21 AM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Your experience parallels those that are common on GscaleCentral (in the UK for people that aren't familiar) and one of the moderators is pretty much an expert on Massoth, and he is sold on using the tool and the "sheets" and fine tunes them until they work.

It appears to me that using the templates programs all the CVs specified.

I indeed did a basic reset, and it took a bit of playing to get CVs to write consistently. My Zimo unit was most successful as the programming current is programmable, although the NCE has more control and flexibility over the 3 different programming modes available in service mode.

Suffice it to say I'm not real impressed with the Massoth decoders and definitely not for people who do not want to become experts in programming.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• May 19, 2019 8:32 PM EDT
      • Ruidoso, NM

• Thanks

At long last the saga finally reaches the last chapter. I have received the decoder back from Tom White who programmed it to do what I expected it to do last July - and it now does exactly that! I have installed it in the tender of my mogul and I now am able to hear chuffs determined by reed sensor and magnets on a wheel rather than the "automatic chuff" as advertised by Massoth. This will likely be the only Massoth decoder I will ever own!

Roger Bush

• May 20, 2019 6:26 AM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

But now you know how to tame the beast. The hard part is over.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

Forums General Problem Solving

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google