Large Scale Central

1:29 angle cocks & gladhands

Got my first run of castings in today:

I will be offering these for sale. I am in the process of updating my website.

Beautiful work, Burl, as always. Really nice detail.

Cast from brass (?) by Shapeways (?).

Cliff: I only print the pattern with Shapeways, which is acrylic. I do the molds & wax injection myself, and send them to a foundry.

Letting Shapeways do the brass is too expensive. And they polish everything to death, even if you order it raw.

Roger all that, Burl. I hope you do really well with these, they look great.

I can’t wait to get my hands on some of these. I ordered a few of Burl’s “test” runs of the angle cocks and they look great.

What are you using for the tubing? Heat shrink?

I thought that the 1:1 glad hands were made to lock together at an angle, and release when pulled straight.

Oh good to see these in brass. I was about to order your shapeways parts for my SD40N. Already have your buffer plates and I really like those.

Chris: I’m going to discontinue the Shapeways version. They change the printing guidelines every time someone orders.

Craig: it’s synthetic rubber tubing.

Burl Rice said:

Chris: I’m going to discontinue the Shapeways version. They change the printing guidelines every time someone orders.

Yeah, I have experienced some of that nonsense on my shop. Are you interested in doing MU hoses?

Saw the title and was looking for pics of me and BD!

Nice work as always Burl!

Chris: at some point, yes. I have a lot on my plate right now.

Chris,

The best glad hands for MU hoses are the following. O scale glad hands for the Actuating and Independent lines, and 1/32 scale glad hands for the main res. line. The main res. line is slightly bigger than the A&I lines. I sent Burl detail photos of the MU glad hands a while back, so I’m sure he will make good someday.

Is this the buffer plate your talking about Chris?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5TKD3GSEF/1-29-emd-coupler-pocket?optionId=64017058

Those would be the ones Craig

Craig: if a man says he’ll do something, there’s no need to remind him every 6 months.

Burl,

I think you have better excuses then the rest of us right now. I’m sure you would rather be modeling than changing poopy diapers :wink:

Burl Rice said:

Craig: if a man says he’ll do something, there’s no need to remind him every 6 months.

" Rooster " said:

Saw the title and was looking for pics of me and BD!

Nice work as always Burl!

So, what was the nature of the photos you were expecting? (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

LOL, That’s one of my heroes Craig. I use that expression a lot. Cause I certainly am not handsome.