Large Scale Central

Solar lighting for buildings

lularoe

Been lighting my buildings using LED’s which use very little voltage, started with using 2 1.5vdc batteries and switching with the use of a small slide switch located under the eve of the build which worked well but required switching on and off each evening but there was no wiring to worry about. Forgot about a couple every now and then and would usually find them still lit 3 or 4 nights later. Then found solar pathway lights at Wal-Mart for $.98 so even if I screw it up it didn’t cost me much. Found that they were very easy to install as they come out of the box, just cut a 1 3/4" hole in the roof, cleaned up the hole a little and pushed the light in from the under side then sealed with silicone. The solar panel was visible but by coloring the plastic around it was very objectionable. Started getting fancy and told them apart and found that the system would support 2 LED’s with very little dimness over 1 bulb but it at the same time increased the on time by about 25%. This allowed a light in the house and one on the porch. Even separated the solar panel from the light and placed it in the roof(looks a lot like the panels in piko roofs) or in chimneys. best part of all no maintenance , no on no off. Try it you’ll like it, Bill

B of B solarpanel

solar panel in roof

B of B at night

solar light in roof

To post more than one pic at a time; after inserting a pic, click on Enter(keyboard) to move the cursor below the pic, now you can add another(s) and text.

Nice minimizing of the array.