Forum Sponsorsss


Forums General Operations
  • Topic: Bluestone Southern Ops June 2018

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 22, 2018 8:08 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois
         
      • Posts
        9,078
      • Thanks
        415
      • Thanked
        424

      Bluestone Southern Ops June 2018

      The Bluestone Southern Ops for June 2018 is scheduled for the weekend of June 9-10.  Setup will begin on June 8th weather permitting.  Great Fun!  Come join us.

      Weather scheduled to be traditional for Southern Illinois at this time of year.  Long range forecast is for daytime temps to be between 30 and 100 degrees F. with chance of rain, unless it is dry.  Thunderstorms possible in the afternoon, unless it is raining all day.  Winds out of any direction, unless it is calm. 

    • May 22, 2018 8:32 AM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        7,361
      • Thanks
        196
      • Thanked
        784

      Ric Golding said:

      The Bluestone Southern Ops for June 2018 is scheduled for the weekend of June 9-10.  Setup will begin on June 8th weather permitting.  Great Fun!  Come join us.

      Weather scheduled to be traditional for Southern Illinois at this time of year.  Long range forecast is for daytime temps to be between 30 and 100 degrees F. with chance of rain, unless it is dry.  Thunderstorms possible in the afternoon, unless it is raining all day.  Winds out of any direction, unless it is calm. 

      Probably one of the most accurate weather forecasts ever.    We're holding on for the October session...

      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • May 22, 2018 9:32 AM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania
         
      • Posts
        10,976
      • Thanks
        619
      • Thanked
        964

      Bruce Chandler said:
      Ric Golding said:

      The Bluestone Southern Ops for June 2018 is scheduled for the weekend of June 9-10.  Setup will begin on June 8th weather permitting.  Great Fun!  Come join us.

      Weather scheduled to be traditional for Southern Illinois at this time of year.  Long range forecast is for daytime temps to be between 30 and 100 degrees F. with chance of rain, unless it is dry.  Thunderstorms possible in the afternoon, unless it is raining all day.  Winds out of any direction, unless it is calm. 

      Probably one of the most accurate weather forecasts ever.    We're holding on for the October session...

      Yup..............and usually with the same forecast.............

      ____________________________________

      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

    • May 22, 2018 11:50 AM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington
         
      • Posts
        12,542
      • Thanks
        550
      • Thanked
        346

      Ric Golding said:

      The Bluestone Southern Ops for June 2018 is scheduled for the weekend of June 9-10.  Setup will begin on June 8th weather permitting.  Great Fun!  Come join us.

      Weather scheduled to be traditional for Southern Illinois at this time of year.  Long range forecast is for daytime temps to be between 30 and 100 degrees F. with chance of rain, unless it is dry.  Thunderstorms possible in the afternoon, unless it is raining all day.  Winds out of any direction, unless it is calm. 

      That's the type of weather forecast we got from Blackcloud, our Aerograpgher's Mate, while deployed in the Western Pacific.  

      ____________________________________

      Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

       

      Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

    • May 22, 2018 12:10 PM EDT
      • Milpitas, California
         
      • Posts
        529
      • Thanks
        167
      • Thanked
        53

      Reminds me of the Hippy Dippy Weatherman (Carlin). "Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning. The weather will continue to change, on and off, for a long, long time”.

    • May 22, 2018 12:14 PM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington
         
      • Posts
        12,542
      • Thanks
        550
      • Thanked
        346

      Michael Kirrene said:

      Reminds me of the Hippy Dippy Weatherman (Carlin). "Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning. The weather will continue to change, on and off, for a long, long time”.

      The weather over the Plains will be dominated by this huge Canadian low, which is not to be confused with a Mexican hiiiigh.

      ____________________________________

      Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

       

      Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

    • May 22, 2018 6:59 PM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
         
      • Posts
        11,003
      • Thanks
        119
      • Thanked
        870

      Actually, if the guy n TV said stuff like that, I would at least respect him more. But instead, he stands there and says, with confidence, what the weather will be 8 or 9 days from now, with exact sounding temperatures and what time the rain will be moving in or out (if there is any that day). Heck, he can't even get tomorrow right, so I am supposed to believe his wild arse guess about a day next week?

      ____________________________________

      Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

      I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

      and King Butt Modeler

    • May 22, 2018 8:16 PM EDT
      • Not one of the WannaBe's,
         
      • Posts
        5,696
      • Thanks
        1,293
      • Thanked
        625

      If hell and high water don't get me I'll get there Sunday with a Rangers fan close by

    • May 23, 2018 12:31 PM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington
         
      • Posts
        12,542
      • Thanks
        550
      • Thanked
        346

      We can't leave a weather discussion without the weather rock.  Be patient, wait for it to load.

      Weather rock courtesy of Scouts USA.

       

      ____________________________________

      Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

       

      Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

    • May 23, 2018 1:06 PM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        7,361
      • Thanks
        196
      • Thanked
        784

      I prefer the "old" instructions... (just call me low tech)

      This rock is the perfect weather indicator.   It never fails and it is more accurate than your local weather person.

      • If the rock is wet, it's raining.
      • If the rock is swinging, the wind is blowing.
      • If the rock casts a shadow, the sun is shining.
      • If the rock does not cast a shadow and is not wet, the sky is cloudy.
      • If the rock is difficult to see, it is foggy.
      • If the rock is white, it is snowing.
      • If the rock is coated with ice, there is a frost.
      • If the ice is thick, it's a heavy frost.
      • If the rock is bouncing, there is an earthquake.
      • If the rock is under water, there is a flood.
      • If the rock is warm, it is sunny.
      • If the rock is missing, there was a tornado.
      • If the rock is wet and swinging violently, there is a hurricane.
      • If the rock can be felt but not seen, it is night time.
      • If the rock has white splats on it, watch out for birds.
      • If there are two rocks, stop drinking, you are drunk.
      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • May 23, 2018 6:38 PM EDT
      • Not one of the WannaBe's,
         
      • Posts
        5,696
      • Thanks
        1,293
      • Thanked
        625

      Bruce Chandler said:

      I prefer the "old" instructions... (just call me low tech)

      This rock is the perfect weather indicator.   It never fails and it is more accurate than your local weather person.

      • If the rock is wet, it's raining.
      • If the rock is swinging, the wind is blowing.
      • If the rock casts a shadow, the sun is shining.
      • If the rock does not cast a shadow and is not wet, the sky is cloudy.
      • If the rock is difficult to see, it is foggy.
      • If the rock is white, it is snowing.
      • If the rock is coated with ice, there is a frost.
      • If the ice is thick, it's a heavy frost.
      • If the rock is bouncing, there is an earthquake.
      • If the rock is under water, there is a flood.
      • If the rock is warm, it is sunny.
      • If the rock is missing, there was a tornado.
      • If the rock is wet and swinging violently, there is a hurricane.
      • If the rock can be felt but not seen, it is night time.
      • If the rock has white splats on it, watch out for birds.
      • If there are two rocks, stop drinking, you are drunk.

      Got mine in West by god Virginia

    • June 7, 2018 7:59 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois
         
      • Posts
        9,078
      • Thanks
        415
      • Thanked
        424

      Well, the week is here.  If you live a distance away from "Southern Illinois", we don't claim Chicago, its time to gather this weekend for some more BS.

      .

      Pack your clean shorts and head over to an area south of Nashville.  No, not that Nashville.  The one in "Southern Illinois".  This is the first anniversary of my

      "heart event" so you know we will be ready to party, over eat, over heat and run some trains.  If you have CPR training, please review your procedures before showing up and disposable rubber gloves are not required.  That was truly unnecessary and rather uncomfortable.

      .

      Pictures to follow and maybe video, if Matt shows up.

       

       

       

       

    • June 7, 2018 9:02 AM EDT
      • Norris City, Il.
         
      • Posts
        885
      • Thanks
        122
      • Thanked
        208

      Holy cow I didn't realize it was this weekend already! I'll be headed that way, I'm just not sure what day yet. I have to make sure I get lost on the BS again. lol!  

       

      Edit: Looks like I'll be there sunday. My son is going to be here saturday and wants to take me out to lunch for fathers day before he heads back home.

      This post was edited by Matt Russell at June 7, 2018 9:10 AM EDT
    • June 7, 2018 10:34 AM EDT
      • Nashville, IL
         
      • Posts
        5,232
      • Thanks
        419
      • Thanked
        351

      Matt Russell said:

      Holy cow I didn't realize it was this weekend already! I'll be headed that way, I'm just not sure what day yet. I have to make sure I get lost on the BS again. lol!  

       

      Edit: Looks like I'll be there sunday. My son is going to be here saturday and wants to take me out to lunch for fathers day before he heads back home.

       

      Are we all invited for lunch??    hehehe      

    • June 7, 2018 11:32 AM EDT
      • Norris City, Il.
         
      • Posts
        885
      • Thanks
        122
      • Thanked
        208

      Andy Clarke said:
      Are we all invited for lunch??    hehehe      

       

       

       

      Sounds good to me. We are meeting in Carmi.  He's buying though. You might have to ask him. LOL!!!

    • June 7, 2018 1:50 PM EDT

      •  
      • Posts
        64
      • Thanks
        0
      • Thanked
        6

        You could bring him to Andy's and maybe get him hooked on railroading. If he has any problems a Andy could straighten him out !

    • June 7, 2018 2:31 PM EDT
      • Norris City, Il.
         
      • Posts
        885
      • Thanks
        122
      • Thanked
        208

      Dale Loyet said:

        You could bring him to Andy's and maybe get him hooked on railroading. If he has any problems a Andy could straighten him out !

       

       

      I doubt he will have time to go to Andy's. He's just in town to pick up his old truck from his mom's and take it home. Unfortunaltey he's not into trains.

    • June 7, 2018 3:35 PM EDT
      • Nashville, IL
         
      • Posts
        5,232
      • Thanks
        419
      • Thanked
        351

      OK, Fridays temps show 92 for a high, 95 on Saturday, and one might need a jacket for Sunday, as they say 85 for a high...   Oh, and probably a bunch of Humididididity....

       

      Would be nice if we could just have a bit of spring between winter and summer...    

    • June 7, 2018 5:05 PM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington
         
      • Posts
        12,542
      • Thanks
        550
      • Thanked
        346

      We had spring on May 29th.  

      ____________________________________

      Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

       

      Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

    • June 7, 2018 5:11 PM EDT
      • Nashville, IL
         
      • Posts
        5,232
      • Thanks
        419
      • Thanked
        351

      Steve Featherkile said:

      We had spring on May 29th.  

       

      Steve, the least you could have done was to send it southeast....    

Forums General Operations

    Icon Legend

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google