Large Scale Central

Quick 3D Printed Outhouse

Check it out guys. I found this model on Thingiverse and thought I’d give it a quick try. It turned out pretty nice too. All it needs is a bit of paint and weathering then out to the layout.

Jon.

Can you rotate pictures here? Not sure why it uploaded sideways…

Jon.

Yes I can. This code needs to be added to the img src img style="image-orientation: 90deg;"

That is cool , was that printed in one piece or multiple pieces?

Looks Great

Dennis

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2146230

Jon Foster said:

Check it out guys. I found this model on Thingiverse and thought I’d give it a quick try. It turned out pretty nice too. All it needs is a bit of paint and weathering then out to the layout.

Jon.

Cool - looks real. Oh no - who left the door open . Whewwwwwwwwww

Dennis Rayon said:

That is cool , was that printed in one piece or multiple pieces?

Looks Great

Dennis

Sorry for the slow reply. The floors and walls are one print, the door is print, the roof is another and the bench/seat inside are separate also.

Jon.

It would look even better if it was possible to orient the grain of the printing with the direction the grain in the wood would naturally have. That’s one peeve I have about 3-d printing that they have yet to resolve, that raised printing pattern.

Vic Smith said:

It would look even better if it was possible to orient the grain of the printing with the direction the grain in the wood would naturally have. That’s one peeve I have about 3-d printing that they have yet to resolve, that raised printing pattern.

You can sand the lines out or paint them out. You can also change the direction of printing to incorporate the lines into the grain of the model. You could also print a design in pieces then assemble them all like a model kit. Printing smaller parts also means quicker print times and better quality control of each part. Check out some of the odd ball items we’ve been printing at our shop. Our Facebook 3D Printing Album

Jon.

Jon Foster said:

Jon.

What material did you print it with?