Large Scale Central

Yard / Platform Lamps

A friend of mine is working on making some lamps to sell. I am making the test ones to see how easy it is for your average Joe to build.

Here are the main pieces for the post. The main pole is 1/4" tubing so the height can be set to what works best for your situation. I think the kit will come with a 9" piece.

Here are the two sub assemblies soldered up. You don’t solder these two together so you have access to the LED later. The adapter fits nice and snug to hold the neck in place. I left my 1/4 tube stick out past the base so I had something to hold onto while painting. I will trim it up later.

I used my Dremel to chamfer the inside bottom of the small tube that makes up the crane neck.

Both post primed up and ready for paint and lights.

More to come, thanks for looking.

I figured if anybody could mess it up , Chris could. LOL

The lamp shade is tin plate, the rest is brass.

I have ten “kits” ready.

GaryR

Did you stamp the shade?. I was thinking of trying to stamp one from thin brass sheet. How much are you kits?

Figure $9 each on the kits, +$6.50 shipping. I use paypal when possible. [email protected] Chris got a little break for being ginea… er… i mean reviewer.

Yes , the shade is stamped. Stamped out a blank then formed and punched. Some advantage to working machines for 40 years.

Can’t say I’m surprised there is little if any interest in these. That is why I only made 10 kits.

I’m not as foolish as Hobbico to listen to people that say they want something just to see if somebody will mortgage

all they own to do it.

Them are some good looking lights, I don’t care who you are, good job Gary

Dennis

Yup, them is good lookin. Right now I am not building buildings that need such lights.

Gary Reese said:

Can’t say I’m surprised there is little if any interest in these. That is why I only made 10 kits.

I’m not as foolish as Hobbico to listen to people that say they want something just to see if somebody will mortgage

all they own to do it.

Patience …besides even if Chris did mess it up as you say …at least he put it out there with pictures for you on LSC?

Sorry guys I planned to have these done by now. But you know how it is, the weather accidentally got nice for a few days so I went out and rolled around in the grass. The wife’s parents 50th was last weekend, and she decided to throw a party. Apparently pizza and beer was not what she had in mind.

Lamps are now black with white under the shades. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I will put the lighting portion together to show how that goes and wrap them up.

Chris

I’d tell you what a great friend and expert craftsman Chris is, but I don’t want to embarrass him. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Guess cabin fever put me in a rotten mood. Sorry.