Large Scale Central

Past years with old photos

What a find for us to see how our old layout looked. Its been on the shelf for a long time.

Richard Hillman made this for us when we were in the SVGRS Club. On this CD were 40 or more photos taken. He was working on some Bridge Rail hinges and clamps accessories, and after seeing our swing bridge, I had to do something to lock and make crossing simple, so we did a lot of testing to see what we could come up with.

We worked on trying different types of clamps and ideas to make a good rail crossing. We did a lot of cutting and fitting and tried to add a lock. I ended up with a gear lock on the gear box. We tried to use rebuilt rail clamps for Elect. connections when tracks are lined up, but both ends of the Auto Swing bridge was a problem with the wet area of the Koi pond, so we ended up adding track power circuit as a back up with the over head bridge drive and lights

Anyway. it was a fun day with them here to run trains and shoot the bull.

Here are a few of the photos.

I forgot how many Fish we had.

We took about 10 try’s to get that R/C Tug Boat thru the bridge. Darn Fish kept moving it around.

I think this was the photo Richard Hillman ended up on the LSOL Calendar one year.

This is where we tested the auto bridge track blocks… We had to move them back…It was just to close to the drink if Eng. forgets to stop. lol.

Yes, when I look at old photos of my railroad, I am actually kind of surprised at how barren the railroad was. Now the railroad is rather well forested, with many of the trees being weeds, er, um, volunteers.

David Maynard said:

Yes, when I look at old photos of my railroad, I am actually kind of surprised at how barren the railroad was. Now the railroad is rather well forested, with many of the trees being weeds, er, um, volunteers.

Had to laf David, We went back thru old photo and found this.

It was taken around 1998 and trying to lay some track and looking at these, yard sure has changed. Like you, Plants, Weeds, and things out there that moves that i never knew lived around here. lol.