Forums Shows and Conventions Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers
  • Topic: ECLSTS IN YORK, PA - 2019

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 14, 2019 3:44 PM EDT
      • West Warwick, RI

• Thanks

In one week TODAY I'll be headed out to York! I am very much looking forward to meeting many of you and learning some new techniques for things I've been attempting to do. 

Please let me know if anyone needs help with anything next week. I'll be around not long after noon on Thursday and am around until Sunday. (You just have to tell me what to do!)

• March 14, 2019 4:31 PM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Vincent D'Agostino said:

Some notable vendors that will not be at the show this year (or at least not on vendor list)

Nicholas Smith

Rolling Stock Trains

Reindeer Pass

The Train Department

Piko

Train Li

That's a shame. Although Nicholas Smith is running out of NOS Aristo, but I usually find something in his booth to purchase.

Well, honestly I have more stuff then I need anyway. So if I don't spend as much at this show as I have at past shows, then I will have some money in my pocket when I drive home.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• March 14, 2019 5:48 PM EDT
      • Highland, Maryland

• Thanks

I expected Train Li to not be there, due to their relocation, and not being there last year. I'm surprised though to hear about Reindeer Pass, they're one of my faves. Surprised about N Smith too, big dealer. 

Just sent an EM to Renee at RP...

• March 14, 2019 6:15 PM EDT
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut

• Thanks

I talked with Nicholas Smith last year. He hinted he wouldn't be back as he couldn't get enough product to make the trip worth it.  He was huge in Aristocraft and had a big Bachmann selection too when they were producing G/Fn3 products. With those sources drying up he didn't have much last year.  A big booth, nearly empty  compared to previous years.

www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

• March 14, 2019 6:23 PM EDT
      • Highland, Maryland

• Thanks

Thanks for the info Jon. Yeah, come to think of it, his booth did look sparse last year, like maybe half of what he normally would have.

• March 14, 2019 7:29 PM EDT
      • Highland, Maryland

• Thanks

Well, Renee says RP won't be coming. They're going to NGRC in Portland, but not ECLSTS this time.

• March 14, 2019 8:59 PM EDT
      • Here to annoy Rooster ! ,

• Thanks

Sounds like the vendor hall is going to be rather empty this year! 

On another note I have a stack of Garden Railways back issues dating back to the early 90's through to when I dropped my subscription a few years ago. If anyone is interested I'll bring them along and have them available in the alcove to hand out and any left overs at the D&B. Otherwise they are dumpster bound.

This post was edited by Gary Buchanan, FOG at March 14, 2019 8:59 PM EDT
    • March 15, 2019 1:39 AM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

i'll be  in portland to see rp and i guess train-li

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• March 15, 2019 2:59 PM EDT
      • West Warwick, RI

• Thanks

I don't think I ever got an answer to this question: Does anyone ever bring parts to trade during one of our events at this show? I have some plastic wheelsets as well as Hook & Loop couplers that I don't need. I also have some assorted plastic pieces I've found that I felt would be good for modeling. Is anyone interested?

• March 15, 2019 3:04 PM EDT
      • Right here 'X', Pa

• Thanks

John, No telling what will catch someones eye. We have had excess parts, freight cars, pass cars, and a few locos pass through the alcove area and drag and brag. Scrap plastic pieces and RR signs. So I would say bring them if you'd like but be prepared to take them home if no one expresses interest.

This post was edited by David Marconi,FOGCH at March 15, 2019 5:53 PM EDT
    • March 15, 2019 3:41 PM EDT
      • Your Host in Littleton, MA

• Thanks

Yep, we get a couple or three tables at the Drag n Brag to put stuff on.  I'm bringing a bunch of stuff, including some wood 1:20 boxcars.  And whatever else catches my eye in the next few days and ends up in the pile. 

Bob, your Site Host and Benevolent Dictator.

• March 15, 2019 3:42 PM EDT
      • West Warwick, RI

• Thanks

Great! Let's see what else I can find.....

• March 16, 2019 8:44 AM EDT
      • Chelmsford, MA

• Thanks

Looking forward to seeing all in York.

Will likely present a seminar on operating steam in Poland.  This is likely the last year that they will be running regularly scheduled steam in passenger service and I think the last place in the world you can be the engineer on a steam train pulling paying passengers in regular service.

Stan

• March 16, 2019 9:09 AM EDT

• Thanks

Stanley Ames said:

Looking forward to seeing all in York.

Will likely present a seminar on operating steam in Poland.  This is likely the last year that they will be running regularly scheduled steam in passenger service and I think the last place in the world you can be the engineer on a steam train pulling paying passengers in regular service.

Stan

That sounds very interesting Stan.  I haven't attended a seminar since Ric was doing his dice system operations seminars maybe 8-10 years ago. which is where I first connected with all the clowns on here.  I don't know how I missed that Poland was still running regular steam. I thought when China converted that they were the last. Hope you do it - if you do I will be there!

This post was edited by Jon Radder at March 16, 2019 9:10 AM EDT

• March 16, 2019 5:18 PM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia

• Thanks

I love the ECLSTS!   Looking forward to seeing whoever I get to see!  Ah, great friends!  Next week!!!!

Bruce

http://jbrr.com/

• March 16, 2019 5:27 PM EDT
      • Highland, Maryland

• Thanks

Bruce D. Chandler said:

I love the ECLSTS!   Looking forward to seeing whoever I get to see!  Ah, great friends!  Next week!!!!

Dittos! I look forward to seeing you Bruce, your wife if she can come, the usual gang, and the new-comers.  

Bring some good stuff to sell, haha!

• March 17, 2019 4:49 AM EDT
      • Ohio

• Thanks

I will be going to the show this year for the first time... What is the Drag and Brag? Hoping I get to meet some of you guys....

• March 17, 2019 7:39 AM EDT
      • Highland, Maryland

• Thanks

Travis Dague said:

I will be going to the show this year for the first time... What is the Drag and Brag? Hoping I get to meet some of you guys....

Travis, the Drag & Brag is an annual party (?) held by east-coast LSC members / groupies, held at the Wyndham Garden hotel in York. It's this Friday evening at 7:00, in the Susquehanna Room.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-garden/york-pennsylvania/wyndham-garden-york/overview

No admission fee, but bringing a beverage or snack is traditional, and we pass the jar for donations to cover the cost of the room.

Hope you can come!

Cliff

This post was edited by Cliff Jennings at March 17, 2019 7:44 AM EDT
    • March 17, 2019 9:51 AM EDT

• Thanks

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you come to the Dran-N-Brag, please be prepared to put at least a Fiver in the donation jar. More would be appreciated.  The last few years they didn't collect enough to cover the room. And don't worry - any excess will be donated to charity. No one makes any money on this party.

Thanks - BTW, I am NOT a party of the room transaction. Just making a suggestion to help out those that are. Lets make the room sponsors glad that they stepped up for the Last Annual Drag-N-Brag in York, PA.

• March 17, 2019 1:58 PM EDT
      • West Warwick, RI

• Thanks

If anyone has a use for LGB R1 switches and would like to take them off my hands, I am bringing a few with me to York. They will stay in my car so they will go where ever I do. Please DM me if you'd like more information.

This post was edited by John Wilda at March 17, 2019 7:43 PM EDT
Forums Shows and Conventions Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google