Large Scale Central

Spoked Drivers for Roundhouse Lady Anne

I am planning out a locomotive build based on a Roundhouse Lady Anne chassis kit. It will be an American style locomotive, so I want to use spoked drivers. I ordered the drivers from the Roundhouse SRRL 24 but they are too big in diameter. I want drivers the same diameter as what came with the Lady Anne kit.

Do any of you have recommendations for where I can buy spoked drivers for the Lady Anne, or of someone that will machine 6 drivers for me?

Thanks

Dave

Pity you live in the USA - over here in yUK we have a whale of folks who can and do machine wheels like this. Unfortunately, they also cost a whale of money, even before machining. You say that you have the #24 wheels - how much too big are they?

Let me know before Friday - the largest large-scale model railway show in the yUK is this weekend, and I’ll be there, as, of course, will Roundhouse.

tac

tac Foley,

I am sorry I did not see this until today. Thank you offering to help me.

My solution is similar to what you mentioned. I am having Roundhouse send a Lady Anne driving wheel to a machinist in the UK who is making the drivers I want.

Dave