Forums Modeling Motive Power
  • Topic: EVWR Locos added to Bluestone Southern

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 13, 2018 5:20 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

EVWR Locos added to Bluestone Southern

This past weekend I added a new set of EVWR locos to the stable..

These units will run the unit coal train..    The units modeled were ex-UP SD-40-2's, that were rebuilt and painted for Evansville Western RR for use on their coal trains..

Shortly, they will be completed for service with batteries and Revo controls..  Hope to make the inaugural run during the May 2018 Ops session...

This post was edited by Andy Clarke at February 24, 2018 6:46 AM EST
    • February 13, 2018 6:07 PM EST
      • Right here 'X', Pa

• Thanks

and do you have a set of GW leaseable locos for breakdowns? Nice set Andy. I'd have used pair, but with this crowd.

• February 13, 2018 6:19 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

David Marconi, FOGCH said:

and do you have a set of GW leaseable locos for breakdowns? Nice set Andy. I'd have used pair, but with this crowd.

Breakdowns??   What are those???   hehehe

There's a good majority of leased locos during Ops sessions, but no GW...

• February 13, 2018 6:58 PM EST
      • Defending the State of Exile! ,

• Thanks

Andy Clarke said:

Breakdowns??   What are those???   hehehe

Something your son had when you spent his college fund on YOUR  RR

• February 13, 2018 7:00 PM EST

• Thanks

The other break down is the Santa Fe 50' box car with a serious truck issue

• February 23, 2018 2:47 PM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Andy "How many " engines do you have??

This post was edited by Sean at February 23, 2018 2:48 PM EST

My u-tube

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• February 23, 2018 3:24 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Sean,

I think you just wanted to see if an old man can still count that high...  :)

I have 37 that can be used for Operations..   Of that 37, 3 are RDC-3's, 3 are RDC-1's, one Shay, and One 4-6-0 with a BBT drive..

The rest are all Diesels..  I wanted to have enough engines available for folks to run during Ops sessions, if they did not have their own engines..

I still have a few that have not been set up for battery yet..

• February 23, 2018 3:42 PM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Andy Clarke said: Diesels..  I wanted to have enough engines available for folks to run during Ops sessions, if they did not have their own engines..

Slacker.....

My u-tube

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• February 24, 2018 6:48 AM EST
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Fantastic looking engines!  They will really fit in hauling the "coal train".  I don't think everyone realizes how much the prototype is copied, when they are running on the Bluestone Southern.  It's not just BS. 

• February 24, 2018 7:58 AM EST
      • Belleville , Illinois act

• Thanks

The lead time for conversion is running 2 to 3 weeks after I get the components, assuming I receive good RX’s :).

• February 24, 2018 11:21 AM EST
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Ric Golding said:

Fantastic looking engines!  They will really fit in hauling the "coal train".  I don't think everyone realizes how much the prototype is copied, when they are running on the Bluestone Southern.  It's not just BS. 

I think the mileage is comparable, too, considering the hike out to where the coal train goes.....................

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• February 24, 2018 2:42 PM EST
      • Deer Park, Washington

• Thanks

Ken Brunt said:
      Ric Golding said:

I think the mileage is comparable, too, considering the hike out to where the coal train goes.....................

Don't forget to take a lunch.       

Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

• February 24, 2018 6:36 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

Actually, I was going to have a GP-38 painted up in the ""GATX"" lease scheme, but changed my mind..  It's being painted up as a Bluestone Southern loco, now...

EWVR was running a bunch of GATX leases in the past few years...

• February 24, 2018 6:56 PM EST

• Thanks

Andy Clarke said: Actually, I was going to have a GP-38 painted up in the ""GATX"" lease scheme, but changed my mind..

No balls !

• February 24, 2018 7:42 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

" Rooster " said:
      Andy Clarke said: Actually, I was going to have a GP-38 painted up in the ""GATX"" lease scheme, but changed my mind..

No balls !

Then, where did you come from????     

• February 25, 2018 1:47 AM EST
      • Port Orchard, Washington

• Thanks

Andy Clarke said:
      Sean McGillicuddy said:

Sean,

I think you just wanted to see if an old man can still count that high...  :)

I have 37 that can be used for Operations..   Of that 37, 3 are RDC-3's, 3 are RDC-1's, one Shay, and One 4-6-0 with a BBT drive..

The rest are all Diesels..  I wanted to have enough engines available for folks to run during Ops sessions, if they did not have their own engines..

Dang! 37 Locomotives. How many cars do you have? You've got more locomotives than my total fleet combined. I guess being a poorly paid teacher isn't working out that great after all.

• February 25, 2018 12:37 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

Craig,

I lost count of how many cars a few years ago...  When I was inventorying the cars in Railop, I had a bit over 240 freight cars inventoried, but that was almost 7 or 8 years ago since that inventory has been updated, as I don't use Railop to operate...   But I figure 18 cars a train and approximately 10 different trains and 2 train loads available for each train, (with a few extra cars left over), I'd estimate about 550 freight cars not counting the cars still in boxes not configured to run..

My goal was to run a Class 1 semi-modern diesel railroad operation, and I do believe that I have basically accomplished that..

My reason for not using railop or any other computer generated Ops program is because my freight yard is on the lower level of the basement layout, and one can not see car numbers of the freight cars in the yard..

Each train requires a certain amount of type cars, and those are pulled to make up a train..  The worksheet for the trains gives the crews instructions and crews are required on departure to inventory their train and annotate the road name and car number of each car on the train manifest..  When they work an industry, they then document what cars they picked up at each location..  It works for my operation..

• February 25, 2018 1:04 PM EST
      • Port Orchard, Washington

• Thanks

Wow. I really need to make an effort to come out "east" and attend one of your ops sessions. If I ever make it to St. Louis for the annual RPM, maybe a side trip is in order.

Do you mean class III operation? Class I are the big names like UP, NS, BNSF, CSX, KCS, CN and CP. Class II and III are shortlines and regionals.

This post was edited by Craig Townsend at February 25, 2018 5:28 PM EST
    • February 25, 2018 5:28 PM EST
      • Nashville, IL

• Thanks

You are welcome anytime....

Naw, I'm class better than 1..     

I can't count how many freight cars I have on all those other small roads that you mentioned...   hehehe       

However, my Evansville Western branch line is a nice (real) shortline...  And, it actually runs thru Nashville, illinois...

Forums Modeling Motive Power

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google