Large Scale Central

Model Train Show: Attended and our Haul!

Yesterday the fam and I visited the Central Railway Model & Historical Association annual train show and came away with a few things. I had no idea what to expect…I’ve been away for quite some time and the last show I attended was the SELSTS way back when i only had 2 kids.

We arrived about an hour after the show opened, paid at the door and turned right. There the local club and show sponsor had a few tables set up, and there was a great deal of great deals on G scale equipment. I probably should have bought all the LGB stuff (just more to convert to Battery/RC), but I didn’t…what I did snag was a collection of Built-up G Scale Structures for about $12/each.

they appear to be of common manufacture (the siding and roofing are all scribed/routed plywood) minus the barn which is made of some sort of plastic.

this sticker was on the bottom of one of the buildings:

Cale Nelson said:

Yesterday the fam and I visited the Central Railway Model & Historical Association annual train show and came away with a few things. I had no idea what to expect…I’ve been away for quite some time and the last show I attended was the SELSTS way back when i only had 2 kids.

We arrived about an hour after the show opened, paid at the door and turned right. There the local club and show sponsor had a few tables set up, and there was a great deal of great deals on G scale equipment. I probably should have bought all the LGB stuff (just more to convert to Battery/RC), but I didn’t…what I did snag was a collection of Built-up G Scale Structures for about $12/each.

they appear to be of common manufacture (the siding and roofing are all scribed/routed plywood) minus the barn which is made of some sort of plastic.

this sticker was on the bottom of one of the buildings:

There is NO STICKER!

I cannot open that picture either, so I am not sure what it is.

Glad thats fixed

Yes they make some nice plastic building kits… 1/24th I think.

Ok, that was weird! I had actually started the post and walked off due to Honey Do calls and returned later to see that it posted and Joe was helping…thanks

anyways, the pics are now in the original post. These are the Very First buildings I’ve ever purchased for our RR (12 years now) and we’re all kinda taken back on the grand scale of them. We’re in the process of re-doing the track plan so having these on hand will help that along as well.

cale

The red barn looks like the Aristocraft model, I believe it’s 1/29. My wife added a 1 1/4 inch stone base to the bottom of ours to convert it to 1/22.5.

Very nice score Cale.

Joe Zullo said:

Is this the old Colorado structure line. Later RJD