Large Scale Central

1:32 Superliner build, need help

Anyone have better drawings than I have? My drawings came from the 1982 Model Train magazine, but doesn’t give the lower sheet metal angle of the side, as it angles in at the bottom. I tried to get the angle from the drawing with a protractor and came up with 7 degrees. Anyone have a better number? I would appreciate it. It seems that all of the measurements were on the drawing except that angle. Bob

Robert, there’s a long thread around here about making them. Someone on that thread should know.

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/13868/superliners-in-1-29/view/post_id/338611

Amtrac = Rooster

Mr Brown

I cannot answer you on 1:32 scale as I model by eye. I can tell you that the angle you seek is approximately 5 degrees. Once again I only model by eye and not to scale. Perhaps the others here on LSC can help you with your query as I’m no expert. Ralph Brown did make fairly detailed versions of those cars in 1:32 scale.

Edited as I checked my notes and it was five not ten degrees

when I drew up mine for 1/29 scale I came up with about 7 degrees also

Thanks guys, as it turns out, the drawing in the Nov. 1982 of the Superliner cars turned out to be correct, even though it didn’t have a dimension of the the degrees, but I drove down to Sanford and got the measurement off of one of the cars and yep, it is 7 degrees and it would also be 7 degrees at any scale, so thanks for your thoughts. Bob.