Large Scale Central

New here

Hello all. I did not see a new member section so I’ll just drop a note here to say hello. I actually joined a long time ago, like over a year, but I was stuck in “admin approval” for a really long time. I couldn’t figure out how to contact an admin since I wasn’t a member and I could not PM anyone. Yesterday I realized I was a member of the LSC facebook group so I sent the admin there a message and viola! I’m in. Thanks again!

My name is Dave, I’m live in Southern Maryland. I say I model 45mm gauge because I have not chosen a scale. I don’t have a railroad yet, but plan on building a running track style elevated right of way starting this spring. I have a small collection of equipment, and am planning an RS-1 build this spring, as well as beginning my Lady-Anne based live steam build this spring.

I intended to join the annual build challenge up until a couple days ago. The reality is that with the way my life is, so busy, that I would need more than a couple weeks to get anything worthwhile done. Especially out of wood. I was going to build a Stock Car. Perhaps I still will, just not now.

Look forward to reading, sharing, and learning from/with you all.

Dave

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome Dave. I look forward to seeing where you go with your elevated railroad. Outdoors or indoors?

Welcome. Looking forward to see what ya build.

Welcome aboard! I am also a member of the burnt finger brigade with 3 live steam locomotives to go along with my mostly LGB European fleet that has been converted to onboard battery power. I am just finishing up building a Roundhouse Billy kit that I painted to resemble an LGB Stainz. Here is a pic of him steaming a the local NMRA show last Sunday on a friends portable layout. Mike the Aspie

Welcome, I’m new me to. Great place to lean stuff. My english is not so good, sorry i’m a french person. Try to fix my loco before the snow melt and get ready for the spring.

Welcome Dave, welcome Francois. Great place to be.

Dave and Francois

Welcome to both of you.

A year in admin approval…I did not realize Bob did such a thorough background investigation. :slight_smile:

Hi Dave, welcome

If you ever get up Annapolis way, drop me a note and visit the SC&M garden RR

Regards

Jerry

Jon Radder said:

Welcome Dave. I look forward to seeing where you go with your elevated railroad. Outdoors or indoors?

Outdoors sir. Going to build a train door into my workshop with a steamup bay and ash pit outside, and incorporate the elevated track attached to my chicken coop. Not a lot of space to work with.

Dave

Jerry Bohlander said:

Hi Dave, welcome

If you ever get up Annapolis way, drop me a note and visit the SC&M garden RR

Regards

Jerry

Was up there yesterday for a Taekwondo Tournament. While there stopped by Star Hobby (dumb idea, I know) and walked out with 2 hoppers and 2 flat cars.

Star Hobby ordered 150 Bachmann C-16 2-8-0 in DRGW and Undecorated. The first 50 I think he said were discounted to $575. That is insane!

Dave

Dave Goldsmith said:

and incorporate the elevated track attached to my chicken coop.

Could have fresh poached eggs every morning brought in by rail(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Welcome!

Adam

Welcome! It’s a bit of a hike to Burke, VA, but you’re welcome to stop by any time!

Welcome gents! Glad to have you on board …

Welcome aboard Dave and Francois. Seems I should include Adam in this greet as well. You gents feel free to settle in by the stove and get ready for the tall tales to begin.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Dave

Uh oh, Star Hobby…yeah a really fun place to browse. Hard to not get something there, with the massive inventory he has (still has piles of yellow boxes)

And he did step up and take over the ECLSTS, really glad for that. You going to the show in York end of March? It is a blast!

Jerry

Welcome to you new “Friends”…

Francois; you aren’t far from me; I’m in Ottawa…visit our web page at: www.ovgrs.org

Fred Mills

Welcome to the insanity…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Hello Dave !

Good Luck with all your plans ! And hope you are able to pop up to ECLSTS !!

doug c

Welcome Dave !