Large Scale Central

Antlers on steam engines

Hey guys,

Have any of you added any elk or deer racks to your engines? If so, did you Make them yourselves, or were you able to find them already made up?

I would like to outfit a few of my engines with a set.

Untitled

Thanks!

Matt

Ozark Miniatures sells white metal deer atlers I added to one of my LGB Porters.

Search for cuckoo clock parts. There should be several different sizes of elk style antlers available.

Ummm…Vic were you channeling me?? If so, be careful, never know what trouble that will cause! Anyway, I did the same as Vic. Ozark has them and you can shape them however you like.

Steve

Right on, you guys are awesome.

I found the deer antlers and also a set of elk antlers for a cuckoo clock set up.

I hope that the elk antlers are about the right size for a 1:20 loco?

Do you guys have pictures of your “outfitted” locos?

Matt

Matt

Schleich makes a number of antlered animal figures. You would have to cut the rack off but that would not be hard as they are made from vinyl. They have the advantage of being produced in full color and are very resistant to UV. They are also flexible so if they are bumped by a hand, tree limb, overly enthusiastic small child they will not break or bend permanently out of shape.

Schleich is terrible about scale. They range from 1/24th to 1/16th so a little measuring is a good thing. They can be found at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Tractor Supply and Toys’R’us at under $10 in most cases.

Personally I would go with the dragon. I will be interested to see how your project turns out (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

There is a whole bunch on eBay. Search cuckoo clock antlers.

I bought a set for my Porter. Thanks for the tip.

Matt Z said:

Hey guys,

Have any of you added any elk or deer racks to your engines? If so, did you Make them yourselves, or were you able to find them already made up?

I would like to outfit a few of my engines with a set.

Untitled

Thanks!

Matt

Made mine with Christmas decorations found at Wal-Mart for $1.99, had to scrape the glitter off and add a little acrylic paint but came out goodantlersfinished antlers

seems one of the dealers, maybe Ozark makes them Matt(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)