Forums Modeling Annual Build Challenge
  • Topic: Mik2018 Recycled or pilfered

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 12, 2018 7:31 PM EST
      • Waverly, Alabama

• Thanks

For a Professional Crastinator, you sure did do a fine job in a short period of time.  I don't think you are a Crastinator at all, you just work better under pressure.  If one didn't know it, you would think that bridge has been there for a long, long time.  Great job.

• February 13, 2018 1:14 AM EST
      • Post Falls, Idaho

• Thanks

John what is the short piece of rail on the outside edge? It looks awesome glad I heckled you out of the crate because this bridge is very nice and you put it together fast 

• February 13, 2018 2:15 AM EST
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

To use the brad nailer, the way I did, I was experimenting with spacers to leave the brads exposed when shot. There's a shoe on the gun that is a safety so one can't shoot it like a gun. I used that longer section of spacer after a rebounding brad (hit the rail foot) got close. I also dinged the rail head when the plunger nicked it. I shot across the foot, but found it easier to increase the pressure and use the rail head.

The best result came from a brad exposed 1/4", with the Channel locks I had the leverage to squeeze them over the rail foot. Slicing off the tops left a close enough 'spike'

That rail, got left behind when I policed the area...., that's all.

I dunno about the rail truck house ... I'm making a copper cab for the rail truck. It's purty... and a guy at Ace told me a way to convert a servo into a 5v gear head motor .... sweet and very easy to do.

But I'm glad to have the bridge, it was quick and easy and has become the Company Standard in the washes.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, be Blessed.

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

• February 13, 2018 6:37 PM EST
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

Running short of time, I painted the guard rails, first Camo brown, a rich chocolate brown, then some red which went maroon, so I went back to new rust with cinnamon on top;

With some sun the paint will quickly loose the shiny new AND I bet you thought I was done, but they are promising rain and this is the best way to redo the nicks I made cutting spikes.

I was going to pose my skeleton with a fishing pole and a fish skeleton on the hook, but my glues won't stick to this plastic!

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

• February 17, 2018 3:52 PM EST
      • Denver, Colorado

• Thanks

This came out perfectly, John, and very very true to the spirit of your chosen prototype. You done good (again).

Forums Modeling Annual Build Challenge

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google