Large Scale Central

Chris' 2018 Mik Challenge

Keeping with my food theme from last year, this year I will be building a small roadside Choke and Puke. Most of it will be cedar, and will be an open front stand. Here is my (slightly vague) napkin drawing.

Here’s your sign;

Pay toilet outhouse?.. Chris I admire your capitalistic opportunism. Imagine how much money could be made just off of Rooster!!! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

I like!

Dave gave me a late start for using pre-cut wood but this is ridiculous. Good thing I’m going small this year as I finally started tonight. Here is the design for the framing of my food shack. I cut all of the lumber for it tonight and will get the frame assembled in the next couple of days.

Good start Chris. Sometimes getting started is half the battle. The Sketchup model looks great.

Looking good Chris, great start.

It looks like you have a good plan and a fun theme. It will go together quickly and you will be caught right up with the rest of us.

Floor framed and decked and two sidewalls framed up. Will frame up the other two walls tomorrow then stain everything before putting siding on and assembling it

yes a building is emerging

You’ll have to give me lessons on wood cutting! Yours looks just as good as the stuff I used to get from NW precision (which just went out of business).

Cliff Jennings said:

You’ll have to give me lessons on wood cutting! Yours looks just as good as the stuff I used to get from NW precision (which just went out of business).

It looks that good because that is where I got it… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

Okay there now, Chris Kieffer, don’t you think it’s time for as little update?

I think Chris is going to bomb us tomorrow with another outstanding build!!!

Unfortunately it bombed itself. I have it all framed up, but was not happy with how big it was. Then I ended up with some of the grand kids having to stay for a week, which put the final nail in the project. I’m going to make some modifications to it and re-purpose the project into another use.

Well that’s too bad! After the awesome store you built last year I was looking forward to another great project.