Large Scale Central

Royal Hudson and passenger car consist.....?

Not quite yet…we are really looking forward to getting some weather kind enough to let us run the Accucraft Royal Hudson and full set of Accucraft passenger cars garnered over the last year. The guys over at Accucraft UK were kind enough to let me buy one at a time, until I had the full set, even though the first I got hold of, at the Peterborough show last year, was marked up as an observation car, but turned out to be a sleeper…

So props to Graham and Ian for their good business practice, for realising that many of us just can’t afford the initial layout of a couple of thousand $$$$$$ right there and then. With their ball-bearing wheelsets, they run as though floating on an air cushion. Even my smallest and lightest loco - an Accucraft Baguley-Drewry of the plastic variety - hauls all six of them with ease. Really looking forward to seeing them behind a real steamer!

tac

OVGRS

tac,

Please be sure to post picture of your RH & cars in all it’s glory.

Thanks,

John

(Also a RH owner)

Will do so, John, and welcome to the show!! Is yours gas or alcohol? I’m really looking forward to some better weather here, right now it’s about 33F and very windy, and not conducive to having much fun outdoors. Our big track is exposed dreckly to the winds coming straight over from Northern Germany and Poland, and it gets pretty nasty in a zero-tem 40mph breeze.

Unlike most of the passenger train set-ups I’ve seen in USA and Canada, I only have the seven cars, but over here that seems to be enough to please people most of the time.

Best, and welcome again.

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS