Large Scale Central

Finally! Some space to work!

Only been in the new house for eight months. Finally carved out some space dedicated to my projects.

It sure is nice to have a little room to work on a project or two. We have been in our place for 7 years now and I am determined to have a similar area right after the holidays.

Mike

I carved out a nice space in my garage. But, somehow, its become a dumping place for all the “stuff”. I haven’t seen my workbench since spring.

Yep, that is how it starts and it does not get any batter. You have to fight tooth and nail to keep that space from being cluttered up with other things. My wife and daughter just dumped some stuff from the utility room into my shop. Now I have got to go clean it out to keep my shop from being a dumping ground.

I have a very large garbage can at the end of my bench…

Just keep enough space clear for Mik’s Build Challenge 2018, Starts Jan 1.

The house is one step closer to meeting electrical code this afternoon. We have a new 200-amp main panel (instead of the 100-amp panel). The correct ground plates are in. The gas and water are bonded to the panel. The surface-run Romex cable that you can see under my bench in the photo above is all gone, replaced by actual wire in conduit to feed the washer/dryer/water heater. The ancient Bakelite socket for the dryer is gone, replaced by a new box.

Still have to install a disconnect for the water heater, a disconnect for the cooler, and a disconnect for the septic grinder pump. Have to split out the kitchen circuit to get the dishwasher/refrigerator and microwave on their own dedicated circuits.

And I’ll have enough capacity to install a dedicated 20-amp circuit out to the train layout!

Congrats on the work area! I know how big that is to get. We have been in our house one year this Christmas eve and I still don’t have one. I have basically remodeled the complete inside of our house including all new flooring throughout and gutting the kitchen. Now it looks like we will be moving after the 1st of the year. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Steve

use that new space quickly!

won’t be long, before the “Fathoms” take over…

I just built a 10x14 building along side the house to use as shop for train stuff.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif) Later RJD

Man Cave space is always a required item, no matter how large or small.

Man Cave space is always a required item, no matter how large or small.

Daniel, maybe soon the house will be made into a home!