Large Scale Central

Help with Bachmann 10 wheeler

Hi guys,

I have a buddy that is down in Atlanta GA trying to set up an out door RR for his grandson. He has an EBT 10 Wheeler and can not get it to run. I had him flip the loco and touch the leads from the power pack to the drivers. Nothing. I did have him quickly touch the leads together and he said the was an arc so there is power. I also had him disconnect the tender and try touching leads to the drivers and also no luck. He sent me a picture (blurry) and I saw the red power switch and he also tried this to no avail. He said this ran fin in his house last Christmas and isn’t abused so this is quite a mystery so far.

Is there anyone in Atlanta that I might be able to connect him with that he could drop by and have look at it in person? I’m betting it would be something obvious if I had it in front of me.

Any help as always, is appreciated.

Hi Randy,

Have your friend try the polarity switch behind the smoke box door.

The red switch at the rear of the engine is for the sound.

Also, her’s a link to Bachmann’s online instructions.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/LargeScaleBigHaulersInstructions2016.pdf

Happy Thanksgivings.

Adam

Randy, this club is in the Atlanta area Georgia Garden Railway Society

Maybe he could contact on of the members.

I used to know a few of them, but lost touch.

Thanks Guys. Great suggestions. He said he found a hobby shop that has a G gauge test track, and is taking it there this morning. That is one vale of the LHS the internet stores could never replace. I’ll let you know how the story ends when I hear.

And the rest of the story…

My friend paid a visit to the shop who didn’t have any more luck with it. They suggested it was the card inside and that he would need to send it to Bachmann to be serviced. Not wanting to disappoint the grands kids some stand in motive power was purchased. All were delighted and some quick lessons were learned about the family dog and it’s zeal to create a logging spur on the layout. He already had some piled on the track! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)I’m not sure yet as to the fate of the 10 wheeler.

CP Express

Well, not sure why the picture is rotated. I tried a few tings and couldn’t fix it. Shows up fine in Flickr. Now is when a guy like me needs a Zullo-Hero.

Edit: Ok, strange when in preview it shows rotated on in the actual thread it’s fine. Go figure. Even shows wrong now as I edit this!

Some days, technology …
Aw man, hope the 10-wheeler can somehow eventually be gotten to run again.

Side ways pics…

The picture is taller than wide eh?, I noticed some of mine rolling too.

Might require Bob’s trouble shooting.

Here is the code for rotating the photo ( you have to reverse the height and width dimensions).

img style=“image-orientation: 90deg;” You add this just before the src in the image source code.