Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC
  • Topic: Revolution

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 26, 2018 4:33 PM EST
      • Carlsbad, CA

• Thanks

Interesting they still are keeping the "cab" concept so you don't have to remember that "nasty" DCC address...

Of course with 4 digits available, all DCC people use the number on the loco, or a simple rule if it is more or less than 4 digits... makes it simple and nothing to remember, as opposed to a cab number.

Internally they seem to be handling like the current software.

There's some interesting and good features, like the DCC control setting, to transmit your loco's speed setting or all the cabs you have defined... of course if you have 40 locos and have cabs for each of them (which you must) then if it transmits all 40 locos, there is most likely a communication problem... but a reasonable adaptation of their "architecture" to DCC.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• February 26, 2018 10:22 PM EST
      • Branchport, NY

• Thanks

Manual

Richard said:

Thank you Tom your link worked just fine. Interesting read but I do have to say at the end of each page it says TENTATIVE

Thanks Richard

Richard

TENTATIVE could be a good thing. It depends on why they posted the manual.

I hope they did it to get comments and/or suggestions on the DCC system.

Their approach is a little different and I am sure it will be liked by some and

disliked by others.. I have been pleased with the current Revolution product.

Tom

• March 2, 2018 9:15 PM EST
      • Bomaderry, NSW Australia

• Thanks

Some questions about revolution apologies if this is in the wrong spot, please move it to an appropriate area if it is.

I have just been given a Revolution Transmitter and receiver and would like to know how to hook it up to a battery powered loco.

What I have is the receiver plugged into a board that has 2 fuses on it with connection pads labeled;

TR+         (Track +)

MOT+      (Motor+)

HD1

HD COM

HD2

MOT-      (Motor -)

TRK-       (Track-)

My guesses are next to the labels in brackets.

On the other end there are header pins that I think should be plugged into a loco main board from reading the instructions on the DVD that came with it.  These seem Aristocraft centric understandably.

What I would like to know is if I connect the "Track + & -" to a battery + & - respectively and the motor to the MOT terminals would I be able to run a loco?

The loco I am thinking of using does not have a circuit board in it.  Currently it has a Receiver and a motor controller and a battery (no smoke or sound).

Additionally I have a second receiver which according to the person who gave it to has a blown MOSFET that he attempted to replace but it did not work.  I would like to know is it economically repairable or should I just maybe get another bearing in mind that I am in Australia.

• March 3, 2018 1:55 AM EST
      • Sacramento, California

• Thanks

Graeme Price said:

I have just been given a Revolution Transmitter and receiver and would like to know how to hook it up to a battery powered loco.

Additionally I have a second receiver which according to the person who gave it to has a blown MOSFET that he attempted to replace but it did not work.  I would like to know is it economically repairable or should I just maybe get another bearing in mind that I am in Australia.

Revolution Support website-   http://www.revoelectronics.com/blog/onboard-rx-wiring/

An article by Dave Bodnar-  http://www.trainelectronics.com/Revolution_Receiver_Repair/index.html

Good luck and have fun!

Adam

• March 3, 2018 10:01 PM EST
      • Bomaderry, NSW Australia

• Thanks

Adam Dziuk said:
      Graeme Price said:

Revolution Support website-   http://www.revoelectronics.com/blog/onboard-rx-wiring/

An article by Dave Bodnar-  http://www.trainelectronics.com/Revolution_Receiver_Repair/index.html

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you Adam,

Now all I have to do is think which loco I am going to modify.  Probably my 3 truck shay as that has a good sound card in it and I can add a whistle and maybe light control.

• March 5, 2018 3:34 PM EST
      • Berkshire, Ma.

• Thanks

Graeme Price said:

Some questions about revolution apologies if this is in the wrong spot, please move it to an appropriate area if it is.

What I have is the receiver plugged into a board that has 2 fuses on it with connection pads labeled;

TR+         (Track +)

MOT+      (Motor+)

HD1

HD COM

HD2

MOT-      (Motor -)

TRK-       (Track-)

My guesses are next to the labels in brackets.

On the other end there are header pins that I think should be plugged into a loco main board from reading the instructions on the DVD that came with it.  These seem Aristocraft centric understandably.

What I would like to know is if I connect the "Track + & -" to a battery + & - respectively and the motor to the MOT terminals would I be able to run a loco?

The loco I am thinking of using does not have a circuit board in it.  Currently it has a Receiver and a motor controller and a battery (no smoke or sound).

I would also add this web to the list Paul help write the book. Also look under loc. projects. http://ovgrs.org/the-trains/radio-control-train-engineer-systems/revolution-throttle-tips/

Richard

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google