Large Scale Central

Ride on Allegheny live steam

I came across this video and I was impressed with her detailing and strength!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zCW1ndiDIek

Nice whistle too!

This 1.6 inch scale (fine scale in the ride-on trains) was built by Andy Clerici and was completed in 1980. I was able to see this engine in person back in 1985 when Andy transported this beauty out to California for the IBLS (International Brotherhood of Live Steamers) Meet at Los Angeles Live Steamers. This thing was massive and a “Museum Quality” model. Very powerful and he was always asking for more cars to add to show its pulling capability :). Actually he “built” this engine twice…on his way back to the east coast, he blew a tire on the trailer carrying the engine and it “flipped” causing the locomotive to go airborne and hit the ground with hundreds of pieces flying everywhere! He and his train crew riding with him gathered as much of the pieces as they could find and continued on back to their home. This accident occurred in New Mexico, IIRC. He completely rebuilt the engine from the ground back up and from what I heard, it was better than before! Andy was a prolific builder, this engine being one of many, all in similar quality and workmanship. Great guy to talk to and converse about anything “steam related”. He passed away just recently on September 28, 2015 at a young 83. He was definitely one of the Master Builders :).

WOW. What a story behind her!

Oops

Beautiful!

" Rooster " said: