Large Scale Central

WTB Bachmann Spectrum Saddle Tank 0-4-0

Looking for one of these, new or good condition used. Painted/unlettered preferred, but I’ll consider any paint scheme. Anyone have one they want to sell?

Bachmann Spectrum Large Scale Saddle Tank Porter 0-4-0 Part #82099 (Painted / Unlettered)

Or Lettered is OK too…

I have an Ely Thomas New in the box. Pm me if intereste.

PM sent.

Nico has the new Ely Thomas at a good price. I’d still rather have an undecorated, G.C. used or new so I’ll wait a few more days to see if an undecorated comes along before I buy Nico’s. If you have a Saddle Tank Porter undecorated that you want to part with please let me know soon (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-money-mouth.gif)

Bump for last call - Anyone want to unload an undecorated before I plunk my money down on the Ely Thomas from Nico?

I’m a few months late, but I have one of those too…

Yup, I bought one from Nico.

I never understood why these sold so poorly, I think they are way better looking the sidetank version.

It is a nice little loco. Neither one tracks very well under load. The have a lot of pulling power, but tend to squat in the rear when pulling a hefty load and then will pick switches. I just wish they had done a short tank leaving the smoke box exposed like they did the side tank. What they did do right on the saddle tank was to make the tank easily removable for DCC or RC install.

I forgot I had one till I was digging around some old youtube channels. I have a complete RCS system and an Sierra with the Peanut Whistle in place along with batteries in the tank…past that I can’t remember what I was doing with it! Still need to get it back together with final details and letters. Jon, I’m glad you found one-and thanks for the initial post-it helped in my reminder