Large Scale Central

Looking for a basket case!

Now I’m not referring to myself this time hahaha. I am in search of a 4-4-0 American for a kit bash I want to try. A Bachmann would be the best start, but a Heartland could probably be done as well. as I will be extensively modifying and painting it, it can be in poor shape, disassembled etc… cheaper the better hahaha. I can also do trades as well depending on what your looking for. Also a Bachmann spectrum 2-6-0 could also work as I could rebuild into a 4-4-0 during the rebuild

Funny I was going to show you this!

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

hahaha what is that thing? I looked into it and it broke (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Aaron,

I have a Hartland 4-4-0 that I am not sure I will use. It does work great, but can use come cosmetic help and the drawbar needs to “find” an attachment method to the tender (I have been working with Phil at hatland Parts on this a bit, gotta call him back next week).

Let me know if you might be interested and we can pursue further.

I also have a Bachmann 2-4-2 Lynn that needs some cosmetic help and coupler fixing. Not sure if that would interest you to try to do a conversion.

Helmut

P.S. yes, this is my first post here! I do post semi-regularly at freerails and have posted some at mls.com.

Hello Helmut, for starters, welcome to LSC!!! And as for the locos, I may be interested in both, as I love to kitbash and scratchbuilt I’m always looking for such locos.

Aaron,

Thx for the welcome.

Sounds good - I will get some pics posted so you can see them (or let me know if you would like me to email them).

I have to make a correction that may or may nto change your interest. The 4-4-0 is actually a Kalamazoo. Sorry I was thinking Hartland since I have been talking with Phil.

Helmut

sounds good, and I’m not picky, I can do something with Kalamazoo as well I’m sure

Aaron,

In this folder are pics of the Bachmann 2-4-2:

Bachmann2-4-2

In this folder are pics of the Hartland 0-4-0:

Hartland4-4-0

Helmut

Look good. I’ll send you a message