Large Scale Central

"Recent Topics" question

Is there a way to set the “Recent Topics” links to take you to the most recent unread post instead of the first post on the first page of the thread?

Later,

K

Kevin, I’m not finding something named Recent Topics, closest things to it which are visible are updates and active topics.

Even clicking on Forums and using the Quick navigation field doesn’t have a listing named recent topics.

Closest thing to the kind function you describe which I can find is that in updates clicking on person’s name goes to their profile page; clicking on “forum topic” at end of update listing goes to first page of topic; and, clicking on word “posted” in update listing goes to the post or at least right near it.

I just go to the home page.

Agreed, Home is where I always start. Bob just expanded the number of threads listed. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I wish we could go to the next new post (to each of us) as we click on a thread’s icon. Presently the thread opens at the reply box, so I back scroll until I see new stuff.

John, when I open a thread, sometimes it opens at the bottom, sometimes it opens at the last post I read, and sometimes it opens on a post made days ago, and I have to scan down through posts I have already read, to get to the new to me post. I don’t understand technology.

I agree with David with regards to its inconsistent behavior regarding which reply is displayed. For what it’s worth, I use Chrome as my browser.

That other large scale site works reliably when you click on the three-square icon to the left of the thread’s title that takes one the “Go to first new post”.

Other than this one nit, Bob’s site is better performing, more consistent and, dare I say, faster. Plus the actual content is far and away more superior for my interests.



I have noticed on other forums, in the top right of a post is the “new” in red … this disappears when you read the last one.

This is nice , some of us can’t remember if I’ve read that …(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)