Large Scale Central

Up grading a USA Truck trailer & Pig flat car.

A few of us were talking about Van/Trailers going on Piggie back flat cars of the 40t’s and 50’s. I remembered we did one or two of them. So, I went back to some old you-tube videos we had done from our old How To Live Show days and found this…

Apologize for the old time music but we are old. lol.

Its an upgrade to one of the first few USA 30 foot Trailers that came out somewhere around year 2000 or so. We changed a few things on it.

We made the wheels/bogies able to slide to shift the loaded wt. as they did on real trailers. By shorting up the wheel base, it helped also to get around in small town alleys.

Then after dressing it up with a few odds and ends like marker, tail and stop lights. We did an upgrade on a flat car also.

Made the chains w/hooks to be able to tie on to the frame of the trailer. By using a small crank and string tied to a metal ring under the Flat car , we ran the chain through the ring for equal tie down adjustment back to Trailer frame.

Was another Garden R.R. fun project from the old days.

Nice changes Noel. I like the Trailer art.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Thanks, Noel.

And I did look at the other video when we visited you from New Jersey. I’m glad we stopped because we don’t know how much longer we will be able to travel. That visit is one we will not forget.

Lou & Susan

Thanks Lou L. We are kind in the same boat also… We enjoyed you guys stopping by even if it was for the darn bad weather we were having.

We would like to make one more trip before our driving days are over.

Maybe up to Oregon to see an old bud ( Richard & Helen Smith in Fort Ord. ) that we use to work with at the same Trucking Co. Many…many years ago.