Large Scale Central

Caught a UFO on Camera!!!

Last Sunday a friend helped me pick up a pair of JBL 18" speakers/cabinets and afterwards we were sitting out in the back yard shooting the breeze. Then he asks me pointing up to the west in the distance “What’s that???”

I look up and in the distance I can see something shimmering, like a mylar balloon…, but not like a mylar balloon. It was a breezy day (Santa Anas) and this thing was slowly “tumbling in place” but wasn’t going much of anywhere. We watched it for about 20 minutes before it went out of sight. You could see the light reflect off of it and it seemed to cast a shadow on itself.

I got the binoculars and told Linda to bring out her camera to capture it. This is with a 500 mm lens on a Nikon D750 and blown up.

Certainly not the blimp and not like anything we’ve ever seen before.

cool, Send it to a news station, just to get them off political junk? We are NOT alone here

So that’s where that went. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

Probably just an odd-shaped, attention-getting balloon that got loose from a car dealership or something like that.

In the first image it appears slightly bent. Perhaps lens distortion if cropped off center but a 500mm telephoto wouldn’t have much barrel distortion anyway.

Seems to be bending in the breeze being long and flexible enough to hit slightly different air pockets.

I suspect it to be a tube balloon of mylar plastic filled with helium. Black tube is available which can be made into tube balloons. They heat up thermally as hot air balloons. Same stuff thin garbage bags are made from before they are chopped and bottom sealed.

Interesting to look at but no little green men to see here folks, just move along…

Like I said, it was a mild Santa Ana day, and this thing hung around in the same area for quite a while. Cigar shaped UFOs are among the most common.

Ah…California…that explains it then(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Todd

As a resident of New Mexico I felt it was my duty to report your picture to the secret base in Roswell. The black helicopters have been dispatched. You will be deprogrammed and sent to a reeducation camp under the mountains of Taos. Your trains will be brought to my house as you will no longer want them when you are done.

Let this be a lesson to all of you as to the far reaching tentacles of the LSC shadow government and those who control it…oh crap I am sorry Bob. I did not mean to mention the shadow government…THERE IS NO SHADOW GOVERNMENT! BOB DID NOT BUY A TELESCOPE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR NEW ALIEN OVERLORDS!!! I will go pack and wait for the black helicopters.

As no trains, probably better posted within “Other Hobbies” forum IMHO :slight_smile:

doug c

Doug Cannon said:

As no trains, probably better posted within “Other Hobbies” forum IMHO :slight_smile:

doug c

But it’s a balloon model of the California Zephyr… (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

My first thought was that it was a kite, but now it seems too high and too reflective.

I like Bruce’s idea… but, it’s not an explanation…

Todd, maybe put it up on ufo-hunters.com, it’ll sure make someone’s day!

Very weird/cool!

My first thought was that it was a kite, but now it seems too high and too reflective.

I like Bruce’s idea… but, it’s not an explanation…

Very weird/cool!

[edited to remove a not-very-family-oriented joke…]

The Truth is Out There…

Cliff Jennings said:

Very weird/cool!

Didn’t know ther was one. I did. Thanks.

The truth IS out there. It would appear that someone else saw and reported the same UFO that we did. We are in unincorporated Orange County and Orange is the city immediately to the east of us. This is on the same day and the description fits with what we saw/described.

Someone else in California also reported what could have been the same object as viewed from a distance without binoculars.

Orange, California (United States)

Sighted on Sunday 22. October 2017
Reported on Sunday 22. October 2017
Shape: Cylinder | Duration: 00:15:00
Source: MUFON

We observe the cylinder from the front of my house and it appeared to be quarter-mile away over a canyon. it spun vertically and horizontally but didn’t move from the position overhead for five minutes. it was a gray reflective surface or a black surface depending on how the sun hit it. estimated at 30 feet long and 10 feet wide similar to a cigar tube. it started to rise almost straight up while continuing to turn. add about 1000 feet altitude it change directions and started moving south west. after five minutes it passed over our heads at about 1500 feet and disappeared over our house. my brother and my friend observe the object or 15 or 20 minutes with me and no one has any idea what it really is.

California (United States)

Sighted on Sunday 22. October 2017
Reported on Monday 23. October 2017
Shape: Square, Rectangular | Duration:
Source: MUFON

I was about to get into my car when i looked up and saw a white rectangular object. not sure why i happened to look up at that moment. at first i thought it might be a reflection from a spider web, from tree to tree, but realized it was not. it was way above the tree line, and it moved around (back and forth (as seen in the video). i was baffled and so i took a video thinking maybe i was seeing a reflection from the sun. but it showed up on the video as well. unfortunately, i had to leave so i don’t know what happened to the object.

I saw on you tube where you make the tube with black trash bags, fill with warm air (hair dryer) seal and let the sun heat until it rises … slap on a battery and some leds … They’re here!