Large Scale Central

Manual/Instructions Needed For Sierra Sound System

I have a Bachmann Eureka And Palisade 4-4-0 that we would like to use this Christmas at our local children’s home. It has an original Sierra sound system in it, of which I have either misplaced or lost the owners manual. I removed the battery the other day (not thinking) and it went back to factory specs, I assume?? The bell works and i get steady steam sound but I lost my voltage controled/sychronized chuff. The chuffs now won’t start until the train is flying down the track and even then it’s starts chuffing as though the locomotive is only going 5 mph. Maybe the chuff start voltage needs reprogramming?? I have to only assume that the board is searching for a reed switch and magnets and needs to be reprogrammed to operate on voltage again, or not?? Without the manual, this is impossible. I also need to reprogram the whistle activation voltage. (among other things) I can’t find the part number but it’s the standard sound system for G scale that Sierra made. Does anyone have a manual that can be sent, emailed or can someone explain the programming of these features so it will sound right and be ready to go??

Appreciate any help!

Ken

If you PM me your address, I can mail one of them out to you. I have a spare one.

David,

Thanks! Did my message make it?

Ken

Private message me your email and I will send you the steam and diesel PDF files. Plus I have diagrams/tech info provided by sierra sound as files also.

Ken Mathews/Imagination Station Kids On Track said:

David,

Thanks! Did my message make it?

Ken

Yes Ken. If Dan sends you the PDFs, do you still want a paper manual?

David,

Yea, it would be great to have a paper copy since I don’t have a printer. The original was thrown out accidentally.

If it’s not too much trouble.

Thanks, David & Dan

Ken, I thought that would be your answer, but I wanted to make sure. Its no trouble.

Thanks David,

I’ll let you know when it arrives.

If I can return the favor in someway, sometime, don’t hesitate to ask.

Now I have to re educated myself!

Ken

FYI… I have both steam and diesel in pdf format… Just email me [email protected]

Stan,

I think we got what we needed.

David has a paper copy and Dan sent a PDF.

So we should be good for now but thank you for offering and I’ll keep your email on file. I may actually still have it.

Anyway thanks Stan.

Ken